Isuzu SUV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
861 Posts
I think the people who are voicing concern over this change are missing the part that the change has already taken place and the forum is still running just as it was before. I can definitely understand why you chose to wait until after the transition to tell us.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
2,400 Posts
superman27344 said:
I think the people who are voicing concern over this change are missing the part that the change has already taken place and the forum is still running just as it was before. I can definitely understand why you chose to wait until after the transition to tell us.
Nope. There's immediate effect, and long term effect.
 

·
Registered
1989 Trooper R/S
Joined
·
4,192 Posts
Wow, definitely the biggest, most important post I've read since becoming a member. Having participated in other auto forums, namely corvette, Mercedes and Honda. This is the most friendly forum where we as members feel we can post opinions, and go off topic and talk about almost anything and as long as we remain above board we all get along. NOT so on other forums. Try going off topic and see what happens. Mark, really nice post, expressing my concerns as well as I'm sure others in better format that I could have used....Harry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,796 Posts
itsmehb said:
Wow, definitely the biggest, most important post I've read since becoming a member. Having participated in other auto forums, namely corvette, Mercedes and Honda. This is the most friendly forum where we as members feel we can post opinions, and go off topic and talk about almost anything and as long as we remain above board we all get along. NOT so on other forums. Try going off topic and see what happens. Mark, really nice post, expressing my concerns as well as I'm sure others in better format that I could have used....Harry
Please, try to stay on topic!

:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,350 Posts
AG_Admin said:
JoeIsuzu said:
AG_Admin said:
what is the concern?
-Philip
What Isuzu do you own?

I suspect that may summarize anyone's concern.

Jack
Hi Jack,
My primary focus is to handle the technical aspects of the site not manage the community. I work for the company that acquired the site, me personally not owning an Isuzoo should have little bearing on my ability to make sure you can post and participate. Unless there is an issue with your account or the site; or you have an idea to make the site better there should be little to no interaction between us. I would not worry much since Tad is still here and staying here. Same people you know and love that run the day to day here are still the same.
-Philip
Isuzoo or Isuzu?

TAD... Ive always trusted your judgment. May your shoulders rest easy my friend.

Cheers
-Ian
 

·
Registered
Original owner, 1983 P'up LS (diesel)
Joined
·
2,743 Posts
imamonstertruck said:
AG_Admin said:
JoeIsuzu said:
AG_Admin said:
what is the concern?
-Philip
What Isuzu do you own?

I suspect that may summarize anyone's concern.

Jack
Hi Jack,
My primary focus is to handle the technical aspects of the site not manage the community. I work for the company that acquired the site, me personally not owning an Isuzoo should have little bearing on my ability to make sure you can post and participate. Unless there is an issue with your account or the site; or you have an idea to make the site better there should be little to no interaction between us. I would not worry much since Tad is still here and staying here. Same people you know and love that run the day to day here are still the same.
-Philip
Isuzoo or Isuzu?

TAD... Ive always trusted your judgment. May your shoulders rest easy my friend.

Cheers
-Ian
Yeah, I caught that, too. :lol: But he made it pretty clear that his role is to do the technical stuff, so I didn't comment. I echo your comment to Tad! :)

Jack
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
2,400 Posts
I have nothing against Phillip, or Auto Guide. However I will point out some things.

There's a big difference between a site being owned and managed by someone who is a direct member of the community, an enthusiast of the subject of the forum. And a site being owned and administrated by a corporation.

Tad I'm sure wasn't making any money off this, if anything, he probably was spending his own personal money and time maintaining the site. AutoGuide isn't going to do that. They aren't interested in our Isuzus, they just need a platform to generate revenue.

Hence my concern.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
861 Posts
mudoilngears said:
I have nothing against Phillip, or Auto Guide. However I will point out some things.

There's a big difference between a site being owned and managed by someone who is a direct member of the community, an enthusiast of the subject of the forum. And a site being owned and administrated by a corporation.

Tad I'm sure wasn't making any money off this, if anything, he probably was spending his own personal money and time maintaining the site. AutoGuide isn't going to do that. They aren't interested in our Isuzus, they just need a platform to generate revenue.

Hence my concern.
I guess to me, the concern is silly at this point since its already done and probably can't be undone. Not trying to be a jerk to you for voicing your concern, but in the end, it was Tad's decision to make and he did what he felt was best for the forum. I am sure that he didn't enter into this lightly and probably weighed all the pros and cons of it all. I think we should all just trust that his decision to make this change will continue to keep the forum going for a long time. I understand that change is always a hard thing to accept, even when the change is relatively small in its impact on us.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
Thanks to everyone for the past and ongoing efforts on this page. Most important thing to me is that all of the valuable information contributed over the years remains easily accessible for years to come. In my personal opinion the message board atmosphere is changing rapidly over the last few years due to the "on demand" social media boards out there. I like many other folks have been active on various message boards over the last decade plus. Prior to that I guess it was the old yahoo sub groups. I had come accustomed to using message boards as a technical resource and like minded community hangout. It's the later part that I thing is quickly making a move over to Facebook message boards. I am personally guilty of spending more time on Facebook for the day to day group chatter and only coming to the message board for technical discussions.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
101 Posts
The owning part is a company. The operating part of the site is still split with us making sure the lights stay on and Tad plus the other team members keeping the spirit maintained. I am not interested in meddling with how you manage things here only interested in making sure you all talk still talk about your vehicles, post photos, buy/sell etc.
-Philip
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
*********As long as the site isn't so overly bombarded with adverts that it crashes due to long running scripts (happens on many other auto sites I frequent for my other vehicles- namely Toyota and Ford sites) I'll be okay with it.*************
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
I"m sure the more Philip is around the forum, the chances are we can talk him into getting a Zoo of his own :D

I don't post a whole bunch, but I have searched and read just about every tech/how-to and member's build thread in this forum, and I am eternally grateful of all that this place has to offer. It is because of this group/forum, that I refuse to give up my truck. Tad, thank you for all that you have done. Hopefully I will be able to see you out on the trail, and not just on the forum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,560 Posts
Just saw this. :shock:

Actually I'm not surprised. Most of the forums I'm on are small ones like this. Most have gone a similar route as owners get overwhelmed or move on to different interests. I'm kinda surprised Tad has been able to hold out as long as he has. My feeling has been that this site has been a burden on him for a while.

My big concern is not advertising but rather site policing over the long haul. I've been on a couple of other forums AG has bought and it didn't take long for certain policies to take hold. One was No Politics. Tad has always been tolerant of such talk here and over the years the site has been very good at self policing such topics and though they can occasionally get heated they rarely boil over. Too many corporate sites have clamped down on subjects that are not Politically correct or that the Corps feel uncomfortable with. Time will tell how that pans out.

The whole Isuzu scene is changing as time moves on. People get old and tired of wrenching. Parts sources are drying up for our limited aftermarket and for replacement parts. A lot depends on what we continue to do with our hobby.

Tad good luck as you move on! :D :eek:ccasion5: Hopefully you will still make the occasional GW or URE trip no matter what you are driving!

Phil, Welcome to the Zu! Hopefully AG will be true to your word.
 

·
Registered
Original owner, 1983 P'up LS (diesel)
Joined
·
2,743 Posts
squatch said:
My big concern is not advertising but rather site policing over the long haul.
Generally speaking, this falls under the "moderator" role, not the "admin" role. Sometimes the roles are combined or shared, but they're now divided here.

I agreed to host (and admin) a site for another special interest group, under the condition that I do not have ANY responsibilities as a moderator. The moderators essentially shape the direction of the site, not the admin.

Jack
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,649 Posts
Tad, just wanted to say that you have done a great job for over a decade. Like many others, I am surprised that you lasted this long after the arrival for your children. Hopefully, you will have time to meet up with us on one of the runs to GWNF or Uwharrie.

Philip, welcome to the Planet. Please don't take some of the comments personally. This forum has been more than a source of info for many of us. It has been the way we stay in touch with our extended (Isuzu) family and a way for many of us to harmlessly blow off steam. So it is not surprising that many have expressed some concerns.
 
21 - 40 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top