Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months back, my parents house got nailed with a wicked hail storm. The poor Rodeo is now totalled. The Tundra has about 6k worth of damage, they are on a deep list for body work with that one. My dad plans on buying back the Rodeo from the insurance company and fixing the damage himself since it runs great, has new tires, and oddly enough its still under warranty until september. Does anyone know any good pick n pulls in the Hickory/Morganton/Asheville area that might have second gen rodeo parts perhaps? If not he might just fill/sand/paint the original. Thanks for any heads up.

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
Have to say, we have that same threat here in Colorado a lot too.

I've been fortunate in all the 14yrs I've owned the current Rodeo that it's only ever been hit with pea-sized hail, didn't even scratch it.

However...that said, I DO have thick heavy moving blankets that cover the hoods/windshield of all of our vehicles in the summer time, and the blankets stay on 24/7 unless they're being driven.

I've been saying though for the last 5-6yrs that if the rodeo were to be hit with hail, I wouldn't claim it on the insurance as it's too old and I wouldn't get crap for it anyways.

All I can say for yours is the fact that I wouldn't have told the insurance company about it in the first place; sometimes though you have no choice in the matter.

You can buy it back, but it'll probably have a salvage title on it, in which you could never sale it and they probably won't re-insure it either.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Of course they will insure it. People insure salvaged vehicles all the time. It just means that if its damaged,they will pay out the price taking into consideration that it has a salvage title. In fact,Ive driven cars with salvaged titles myself. I dont know about your state,but in California you have to reregister the car after getting a safty and emissions inspection

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
your in florida and asking about parts in 1/2 the state of NC?

Just making sure

·
Registered
202 Posts
I would just buy it back then sink all the extra insurance money into, lift, tires, locker and bumpers. Who cares if it has a bunch of pimples all over.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Bansil said:
your in florida and asking about parts in 1/2 the state of NC?

Just making sure
Wondered about that too. But take a look at the scenery - sure looks like NC

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am in Florida for sure, but the post is for my parents, they live in North Carolina. Was hoping some foothill locals knew a good pick n pull spot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.