Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[BBvideo 560,340:2iv61enq]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbjyuDYtAtk[/BBvideo]

1998, purchased with 102k miles. Very clean inside and out.
PO said he replaced the clutch, and AC.

All the goodies from my 97 are going to be relocated to their new home. Except for the snowflakes, I really like the wheels the 98 has. Hopefully I will be able to trade the flakes with 33x10.5 BFG ATs for some Pizza cutters for the 16" wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
:)Very nice Trooper,like the two-tone color,5 speed,look good with the snowflakes and 33's on it too!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I have a cyl 4 missfire code. and an Idle Issue, I bought new plugs and a new idle control valve. My idle issue is sometimes she wants to idle at 3k, other times she trys to idle below 400, and dies.

Where do I start when addressing all the oil on the spark plug? I haven't pulled any others yet.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
current list of engine codes.

P0102 mass or volume air flow a circuit low
P0304 cyl. 4 missfire
P0402 exhaust gas recirculation flow excessive detected.
P1404 no dtc definition found.
P1153. Same error message

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been running hot the last few days, scan gauge has been reading north of 220.
Not a huge deal, my commute is a 1/2 mile I just roll the windows down and turn on the heat, that lets it get back to 212ish. and only in the afternoon.

I decided to flush the coolant and change the thermostat.
I didnt realize I had to pull the intake to get to the thermostat. WTF Isuzu?? I didn't feel like going back to the parts store so I'll just walk to work tomorrow and deal with it later. I had already drained the coolant (which also sucked, I got some in my mouth which was not fun. I really wish the trooper had a gate valve so I wouldnt have needed to pull the lower radiator hose....)

anyway, while I was looking for thermostat I identified several hoses that need to be replaced.

Add all this to the list of parts under the new AGM, and new alternator....

I'm really beginning to wish I had just pulled the 5speed out of this trooper and put it in my 97.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Nice Trooper! I have a 2000 with the 5 speed, debating on buying some 255/85r16 skinnies or sticking with my 265/70r16s since they are near new, even though they're only a 30.5x10.5 tire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.