Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been brought up before. One solution has been to build a 3 link, I've seen it done twice with good results. I'm not sure I'm ready to do that yet myself but I was looking at it. I jacked my truck off the ground to the max droop on one side and set it on a jack stand. I then jacked the other side's axle up to max stuff and took measurements. Full drop for the shock was around 22" and full stuff was around 10" or there abouts....... I know the 3 link gives more but has anyone looked into just modifying the 4 link? Wouldn't extending the upper mounts give a bit more drop? I figure you could only do a couple of inches, not sure it would be worth the trouble or not. It would help where the gas tank gets in the way on the drivers side so extending would essentially keep the same setup with a different geometry.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Done it several times,just be sure to not extend it too much and then bend the link on the upper crossmember.

You can raise bothsides a couple inches,this actually will help your truck climb better also.

It gets ride of alot of the anti-squat that we have in these trucks

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Doug.

Would you happen to have any documentation? I want to check my thoughts against what someone actually did.

How much extra flex did it give you?

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
I can take a picture I guess

Use the 4link calculator

when lifted our point of convergence with the link mounting points is actually about 7 or 8 feet behind our trucks and 2 feet into the ground 200+% anti-squat after fixing mounting points I was at about 85%

I don't remember exact numbers take a side pic of your truck and draw lines from the link bolts and continue lines from the top and bottom link until they meet,this is the point your chassis uses to transfer wt.

Our trucks will actually lift the wt off the rear tires when slowly climbing a high traction surface,until there is no wt left and tires will spin

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
I think I raised my top links about 5"

Just be careful that the upper links dont hit the crossmember they will bend

1 - 6 of 6 Posts