Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd say this pump has had better days!!! New radiator and water pump going back in with rebuilt head on Red.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Holy Crap that is amazing that it moved coolent at all!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Holy cow! Well, you got your money's worth out of it. Looks like a thorough flush may be in your future.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It had 4ZE1 stamp on the pump..................thinking it could very well be the original one! But it will def be flushed. Don't want to do this again any time soon.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I'd bet it is original. Few months back my 86 Trooper had trouble charging. Took it to an alternator shop, and they told me the only alt they had for it was 65 amps instead of the 50 amp stock, so I said go ahead. The dude pulled the old one, and started chuckling, so I asked what was up. He said "this is an 86?" and I confirmed it was, and he showed me the original alt that he had just removed. I think after 25 years, that alternator served it's purpose!

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
sassee said:
It had 4ZE1 stamp on the pump..................thinking it could very well be the original one! But it will def be flushed. Don't want to do this again any time soon.
ERNIE BEFORE YOU START THE FLUSH ING BE CERTAIN THAT THE HTR VLV ON THE DASH IS SET TO FULL HOT , PROB WOULD NOT BE A BAD IDEA TO REMOVE BOTH THE HTR HOSES AND HOOK THEM TO GETHER AND FLUSH THE ENTIRE SYSTEM MINUS THE HTR CORE AND THEN DO THE CORE SEPERATELY, SO IT DOESNT GET PLUGGED UP.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts