Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I bought an 01 Trooper in last July, I really like the truck, but it had brand new Firestone tires, 245/75/16 with a decent aggressive tread pattern, but they make a lot of road noise just going straight, and worse in turns, I live in the mountains of NC and it is pretty annoying on the mountain roads.

What are the best tires with y'all experience? For rough pavement, gravel, decent off roading, and whether 245s or 265s are better for road noise and ride, (I don't care about a rough ride) and off road traction? Or something in between?

I saw somewhere that I can fit 265s without cutting much. I just wanted to throw this out there so that I know, when it comes time to by tires.

·
Super Moderator
1,442 Posts
265's fit and look good, especially if lifted a bit. Cost more; I'm running stock size now (2" lift) and it makes no difference really.

My suggestion is pick the tire for 90% of your usage. If that's pavement, get an HT tire, not an AT. If you are REALLY into the trail, then AT. Interestingly, the difference between the two have really closed over the last years - better tread design and rubber compounds have made tires A LOT more versatile than 10 or more years ago.

I did that 15 months ago (got an HT) and it's worked well, even when on mild trails and in snow. I got the Hankook Dynapro HT and it's worked great everywhere and excellent pavement and wet performance, too. Bonus for you, GM's spring tire sale started today. You can get up to $200 back on a set of tires, AND they price-match local installers like DT or WM. Great deal; it's how i've got my last two sets of tires.

https://www.chevrolet.com/certified-ser ... pons-deals

1 - 2 of 2 Posts