Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I can't remember what everyone suggested... I'm getting random miss fires with these... Yesterday it missed really bad on the freeway kinda freeked me out.. The middle one has a bit more build up on it... The auto parts store has some NGK's...

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Still a platinum but with a different style electrode... Hopefully these will run better and stop throwing codes to...!!

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

This is my super spark plug putter inner tool !!! It comes in all colors :)
Since its so deep and I don't want to have one drop or fight getting the spark plug socket off, I use the hose to screw them in and a regular socket to torque them...

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow !!! This thing gained like 10 hp if not more... No ECM light and it runs so much healthier it's increadable...

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Cool!
I have ran the NGK V-Power plug for the last several years and absolutly love them!
I think your G-Power plugs are a step (or 2) above the V-Powers, correct?
The V-Powers are something like $2.50 each.

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure I think the six plugs where $26... I could tell it was better as soon as I left my work... Traffic sucked so I couldn't really get on it but what little I did it was a big difference.. I should have tested the ohm's between the two brands.. The isuzu's must not like those autolites at all...!! I wonder if my gas miliage will get any better lol...

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have a set of V-Powers in mine (what I always use) and I wonder if the #6 plug is causing my CEL that started last week?

I might have to consider swapping the plug and see if the issue goes away.

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I looked at all my coils today (the part numbers) since mine was wrecked the left rear coil was destroyed ... Number 6 from what everyone says ... That's supposedly the ion sensing one and it has a shorter boot... When I pulled the original the boot was stuck to the plug, it tore up completely... Anyway as far as I could tell all the boots where the same length (still are)
I thought maybe it was my e bay replacement coil... Time will tell I guess... I honestly don't remember if the ECM light started whith the previous set of new plugs or not, I'm guessing...

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
NGK is the best..... period.

Reactions: superswire

·
Registered
397 Posts
NGK Iridium are the best, longest lasting. I used them on my supercharged 4runner and IIRC they are stock on my Jag. Of course, they cost like $12/ea.... So NGK platinum is the next best. I don't like the double tip junk.

Your old plugs were looking a bit sad.

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They had 20 thou on them is all... But very obvious now that isuzu's do not like autolites one bit... So far no ECM light !!! :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Word to the wise:

If you don't have a Briggs & Stratton engine in your vehicle, NEVER use Autolite ANYTHING...., ever! My Mazda taught me that. My buddy's Celica taught me that. Research confirmed it. It's not about getting what you pay for in this case, because there are Autolites that can be fairly expensive, but actually do damage in comparison to the cheapest Bosch you can get a hold of. It's just a matter of poor quality, behind the times manufacturing technology, and bad engineering with Autolite.

·
Registered
11,938 Posts
I have been using Autolite AP3924 plugs in my 01 Ironman Rodeo and my 02 Rodeo with Ion Sensing Ignition system for at least 3 years and have had no issues with them at all. My other Rodeo has Denso plugs and there is no difference in performance between any of these vehicles, so in my opinion a 2 dollar Autolite plug works as well as a 10 dollar plug.

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You should try the ngk's buster next change and see if there's any difference ... I really wouldn't think/expect my results to be what they where, but my lights off now and it's running better.. No explanation !! Maybe resistance between the brands... I'm just curious if you would get a difference in run ability .... I usually run ngk or Bosch in vw's , ac Delco in chevy and fords take the autolites...

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
NGK's are all I run....period.

Truck came with champions; had Bosch after that; after that and for the last 100k miles, it's been NGK's.

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I did another 150 mile trip last night ... Gas miliage was better...!! The stupid light came on again.. It's not blinking at least, my code reader is at work so I'll find out what it says then.. It definetly runs better though. If the code is a random misfire (guessing) I wouldn't expect it to be a coil.. Maybe an injector ??? Triggered getting back on the freeway mild excelleration.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Darion said:
Word to the wise:
If you don't have a Briggs & Stratton engine in your vehicle, NEVER use Autolite ANYTHING...., ever! It's just a matter of poor quality, behind the times manufacturing technology, and bad engineering with Autolite.
I have to say my 460 runs GREAT on Autolite 25's. :?

I run V-Powers in the 3.2
Put Champion crap in your lawnmower.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I thought on ion sensing system you would use DENCO plugs on 2000 and up rodeos,amingos,troopers. :? tony

·
Registered
655 Posts
My trooper was missing like crazy when i bought it...even though the guy gave me a reciept for a brand new tuneup with it...well, turns out it had brand new autolites in it...

I swear after installing NGK plugs there was a noticable diffeence in exhaust note, smoothness at idle and it def pulls a little harder now...and i just put the plain jane $2 each ones in it...

So, yeah if you buy a japanese vehicle, change your plugs to NGK all day, every day !!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just put some new plugs in my 2004 isuzu Rodeo 3.2 NGK (bk-r5egp) and after one day of driving it it started running sick and throwing a P0300 and a P1311 code. Do you know if the 2004 Rodeo uses anything different? Im about to install some nippon denso this week. Im wondering if this is my problem. My coils seem to be fine.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts