Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in the last 2 days my 95 rodeo has developed a beep noise on startup. it stops after about 5 seconds, but i just don't know why its doing that. its the beep noise like you leave the headlights on.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Its not your seatbelt reminder is it?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i doubt it. it does it while the engine is turning over and about 5 seconds later, it stops. it stops about when my radio kicks in. its an alpine cd player radio. i've had that for some time and it never did it before

edit- i was at target this afternoon and it didn't do it. this is bugging me i hear this sound and i don't know what it is

·
Registered
894 Posts
Something on the fritz with the seatbelt sensors???

If you click in all the belts before startup with no passengers does the noise stay away? If so then a passenger sensor is bad or the gremlin is still on vacation.

Alternatively, maybe a sensor that detects a fastened belt is bad. Might check the connections or unplug one to see what noise (kind and duration) it triggers.

Depending on what you have spilled on a seat or how intently you have rooted around under a seat lately a bad connection/sensor could explain the beeps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.