Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started this morning. Wheel wobbles sometimes and sometimes not. Gets worse when I turn left. It physically wobbles the steering wheel (about 1" of back and forth rotation). I can also hearing the brake on that tire squeeling in the same rhythm. Sometimes it seems to straighten out through like when I use or even just tap the brakes. It comes and goes. Really feels like something shifts on that one wheel. Shift, wobble wobble wobble, shift, smoooooooth, shift wobble. I believe it is the drivers side front.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
stusvend said:
Just started this morning. Wheel wobbles sometimes and sometimes not. Gets worse when I turn left. It physically wobbles the steering wheel (about 1" of back and forth rotation). I can also hearing the brake on that tire squeeling in the same rhythm. Sometimes it seems to straighten out through like when I use or even just tap the brakes. It comes and goes. Really feels like something shifts on that one wheel. Shift, wobble wobble wobble, shift, smoooooooth, shift wobble. I believe it is the drivers side front.
If it straightens when you touch the brake, it is almost certainly a bearing.

·
Registered
153 Posts
OK I have a bearing issue too. Can I recycle this thread to save electrons? And they say we 4x4 drivers have no environmental conscience....

Anyway, it's an annoying droning sound that gets louder turning left and when braking. So that makes the problem in one of the front wheels - should be the outside front right bearing or the inside front left bearing. I jacked up the front and wiggled both wheels at the 6 and 12 o'clock positions and there's no play at all. I span the wheels by hand and there's no hint of binding or grinding.

I'm stumped. What additional tests can I do to figure out which side has the bad bearing?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts