Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I'm driving and all of a sudden from inside the passenger compartment I can hear obvious bearing chatter.

It's coming from the front of the engine and I don't have a stethoscope so I'm not sure exactly what part is doing it. I have my fingers crossed in the hope that it's my water pump, but it also sounds like it might be from further down.

Sooooo I guess it's time to visit an engine doctor, except that I don't have a mechanic I trust right now in my area. I'm not willing to go to the dealer either because they've done below par work more than a few times for a premium price.

Any recommendations for engine mechanics in the northern NJ area?

·
Registered
480 Posts
prolly too far from you, but I always ahd good luck with Maguire isuzu in Newton, NJ. Its a tad far from you, but if it comes to it, they always did right by me.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As my mileage shows I don't mind driving around a lot. If I can't find a reliable local guy. I could probably arrange an "errand" out by those parts like a paintball game. :wink:

Every shop that I've gone to around here (including two dealers) has made really stupid mistakes like giving me the car back with a leaking oil drain plug, low power steering fluid, etc. My car never leaks any fluids so I know it was 100% carelessness. Call me paranoid, but I just can't trust these guys with valve jobs or tranny work now ya know?

·
Registered
591 Posts
One thing you might want to try, is pop off your serpentine belt & give every pulley that will free-wheel a good spin by hand to see/hear/feel how they are all doing. The serp. belt comes off & goes back on really easy. Maybe it's just the serpentine belt tensioner pulley, the small idler pulley way up top, or possibly a bad alternator bearing. Hopefully it's nothing major for you! :wink: G/luck
Joel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.