Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Summary: my friend gave me their old trooper that's been sitting. Was able to get it started just fine.

Was able to come back today (it's located far from me) and wanted to take it to smog. They were unable to smog it because the transmission is slipping.

Looking for recommendations of shops I could take it to in Berkeley & Oakland Area. The trooper is currently in Antioch and I would call for a tow back to berk.

Thanks

·
Registered
95 Pickup, 98 Amigo
474 Posts
Damn, sorry to hear about that. It's a story we hear way too often with these transmissions. Probably your best bet is to call around and find which transmission shops have the most isuzu/4L30E experience, and get some quotes. Been a good while since I've taken a car to a shop so I wouldn't know where to begin besides yelp.

·
Registered
95 Pickup, 98 Amigo
474 Posts

Here's the only relevant thread I could find on here

·
Registered
939 Posts
I grew up In Antioch & Oakley...small world.
If you can't find anyone locally I have customers from 7 different states. Many are form the bay area too. You are welcome to bring your Trooper to my place near Reno Nevada for repair. I can also perform manual trasmission conversions, off road modifications, overlanding builds & complete vehicle restoration. If you are interested in any of me services please feel free to contact me..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I grew up In Antioch & Oakley...small world.
If you can't find anyone locally I have customers from 7 different states. Many are form the bay area too. You are welcome to bring your Trooper to my place near Reno Nevada for repair. I can also perform manual trasmission conversions, off road modifications, overlanding builds & complete vehicle restoration. If you are interested in any of me services please feel free to contact me..
Thank you. I think that is a bit much for me at the moment but I'll consider it if the cost to repair isn't too great since I just paid to have the car towed back to Berkeley.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mine was slipping and then banging into gear. A drain and fill helped a bit. Then I drained some and put a bottle of the Lucas in, then topped it off and it shifted firmly for a while but it faded over the course of a few hundred miles. I have since swapped to a manual :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts