Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Original owner, 1983 P'up LS (diesel)
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this at isuzupup.com a while back, and thought you folks might enjoy it here.
Did anybody watch the "48 Hours Mystery - Chasing the Barefoot Bandit"? The kid was from Camano Island, WA. I'm always on "P'up watch" when I see Washington or Oregon on TV. About 50 minutes into the show, his mom pulls up in her diesel P'up. :) They showed the driver's side with the P'up and "DIESEL" emblems. I found a still shot of it using Google...

And here's video from CNN, with the P'up front and center:

Jack

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Isn't that the kid who broke into vacation homes. Stole and flew airplanes and finally got caught recently out of the country? Outside magazine did an article on him a while back. Pretty interesting. Kid has issues that need to be dealt with but he has some amazing talents. Not the least of which is evading johny law.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
That kid is pretty smart. He was caught in BC, constantly bouncing between the PNW USA and Canada. Taught himself how to fly from reading a few books, crash landed on a few logging roads, which takes some talent if you can walk away (I mean anyone could crash land on a logging road). Lived in the wilderness for months. Very smart, very resourceful, just misguided.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.