Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I figured I might as well post a few photos of my SAS. Trying to work on it fast but my job is not cooperating. Maybe august will be slower. Anyways here are some pics. Afew specs I am working with and towards. 10 inch coilovers in front, leaf springs in the rear, Full width 44 in front and stock 44 in rear, aiming for 22.5 inches clearance at the frame rails. No higher only lower, 36 inch tires, beadlocks if I have time, remove the body lift, just about ready to come out. locked front and rear.

I started gathering parts for the front axle about 8 months ago. One day I got a hair up my *** and pulled it in the garage and started cutting.

got all the sliders off and the rear bumper removed, then moved to the front end and tore it apart.

set the front axle hieght and started adding some brackets. I need lots of steel so it has somewhat held me up.

any sexy chrome paint you see are things that still need to be cut off. I am putting off the inevitable

droped the rear axle yesterday and started grindinng on it today trying to get it to Indy4x by early next week to start finding the proper gears for it. Also to replace another blow axle seal on the other side.

this is of course where it once lived. Ill pick up all the leaf mounting hardware upon leaving with the finished axle from Indy. Not much good without it.

Ill keep posting stuff, you see anything you need just let me know. If its laying around its probably for sale. I need to fund this damn thing right :shock:

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Excellent work, Man!

I very much appreciate you taking us along for the ride, via the pictures. Keep it up!

Thanks,

·
Registered
749 Posts
man, that is awesome.

I am quite mechanically inclined... but as for that stuff... I've never really done much metal work, cutting, grinding, welding etc.... makes me want to learn tho!

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Thanks for posting, I love watching these build-ups come together.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Looks good so far 8)

Interesting choice on the leaf sprung rear, but I like it. Are you doing a 3-link front?

Keep it coming.

Andre

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
good to see some pics,good luck.........oh gotta ask,how far forward did you move the front and are you moving the rear any?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
right now rear will hopefully be only 1 inch and I am cutting the door. Front is forward 6 but looks like it will have to come back at least 1 inch to allow for steering.

Leafs seemed to be easier over all to set up. I did not watn to add the expense of a fuel cell to solve the gas tank problem. Id rather hold off on that.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have that same box fan. :wink:
Nicely done.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tires are off mike and ready for you to pick up.

The hieght is actually about 6.5 inches higher than a basic lift kit. That would net about 8.5 or so total lift over ifs hieght. As far as stuffingit goes It should not be to bad as the up travel will be limited to only about 3 inches. Im looking for all my travel on the downside.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have more pics on this. I have been rather busy and have not downloaded them to the site. I will post up progress tonight.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well I realized when I uploaded photos that I deleted the other ones from the beginning. I will reload them. Here are a few picks prior to final welding. I finally go the gas tank back in yesterday and she fired right up. That in itself was serious motivation to finish. I have the flex at the front tire to about 10 inches. Will probably limit it with straps so it wont hang on the shocks. you ahve to pay special attention to the baby stroller on top of the truck as well. :roll:

it ended up sitting quit a bit Higher than I wanted it to. I am 29 inches at the front frame rail. everything up front needs to be finish welded.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Are you going to be legal in VA?

Max of 29" to the front bumper and 30" to the rear.

Joe

·
Registered
478 Posts
it's coming along nicely, gonna be one sick rig when done!!!

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Are you going to be legal in VA?

Max of 29" to the front bumper and 30" to the rear.
That's why I moved to Tenn.....

Looking good Brian.

Are you going to plate the panhard bar mount at the diff end?That way it doesn't bend the 1/4" plate?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thats actually only 3/16 plate. It will be all filled in though for bracing. I am waiting to do all that when I pull the front axle to finish welding everything. Its all tacked together right now.

As far as legal goes, I should be good. If not I really dont care in all honestly. Its not a moving violation. :p :lol:

the fenders have all been trimmed so there is a large extra area to fill. I originally ran it as a spring under setup. Problem was that I actually came out with the same hieght as it was with the body lift, Looked great and kept it low. After 2 days though it settled about an inch and I had no way of raising the rear up any more without it looking terrible. Im running All prooffroad 5" toyota springs in the rear. The pack was 6 leafs large. I have since removed two of them and I am gonna see how it does. I can always add them back if need be.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
anubis said:
As far as legal goes, I should be good. If not I really dont care in all honestly. Its not a moving violation. :p :lol:
In SC, I heard they took a guy's truck for being too tall.
In SC!!!!????!!!!

eh oh well.

You going to make it to Uwharrie in time - u think?

That would be awesome to see yours out hittin the dirt.

BTW - thanks for the SS lines.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts