Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have made a small run of 4-hole ball-joint spacers, with 1/4" longer METRIC (13MM) hardware included. they are UNPAINTED. these will fit 1987-91 troopers, 1991-96 rodeos & i believe 1989-95 amigo. probably pick-ups too.

$50.00 SHIPPED!

I CAN TAKE PAYPAL OR MONEY ORDER. P.M. me OR I PREFER contact @ my email... [email protected] you can even call/text me @ (206)605-0109

·
Registered
176 Posts
Awesome, we need another vendor for these parts!

However, I would be REALLY cautious with those extended Metric Grade 8.8 bolts. You should really bump them up to Metric 10.9 which is about the same as the SAE Grade 8 bolts.

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
id have to agree, there is the added expense but being the balljoint is no longer trapped in the upper control arm when you put it on bottom of the upper control arm and add in the spacer. you reallllllllllly have to mess up bad to snap 4 8.8s though...just thread lock them at the very least :) nice job btw!!!!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah what lowzone said, it would be verrry hard to break one, let alone two or three bolts. really, these new bolts are going to be stronger than the 20+ year old bolts that they are replacing. lock tight is your friend.

stronger bolts' ='s more $$$. i have had these on my rig for a month + with no issues. i am not using lock tight.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
yes....part of the point. 1-2 inches lift flip, 3+inches flip with the spacer in between.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I didn't see this before. I just put new ball joints in and I did a flip. i will be taking it to get a alignment tomorrow. If they have any issues. I will get at you.

·
Registered
949 Posts
queensxterra said:
just got mine in the mail.....good transaction and product
x2 just got mine in the mail, nicely made, good fit :mrgreen: thanks again man!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks dude, I appreciate your, and the others who bought a set of spacers. I have an order in @ the cutters for more. I'm working on throwing together a basic lift kit that would include spacers and shackles. Pics to follow soon!! Thanks again guys!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Long gone?

Reactions: JBjunior

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey there peoples! I have been gone for a minute (or couple of months), but I'm back and have ball joint spacers on order with my cutters and I should have them by the end of the week or early next. The timing if the p.m's and talking with my cutter the other day were meant to be!

In fact, I'd like to let you all know that I have access to a number of early troopers and LOTS of great parts to be had from them. All are typical rust-free west coast trucks. Prices will all vary so each thing will be priced on a piece by piece basis. When "gem" items come up (round eye parts/conversions, etc.) I'll post pics and prices. If your looking for something specific post it up here or you can P.M. me for privacy.

ALSO: I have a solid template built for front and rear plate-style bumpers for the FIRST GEN trooper. These are in the ARB-type design. The rear is a wrap-around style that gives protection half way back to the rear wheel well. The front is designed to use with a reciever mount winch or a winch can be mounted directly on top of the bumper. They will both be available with or without 2"reciever hitch mounts, price varies slightly. There will be a couple other options like additional guards, hi-lift mount, re-enforced hi-lift jacking points, etc...

I have not nailed down a solid price on these as of yet, but they will be less expensive than most because these will be a "kit" of numbered parts pre-cut and ready to weld! This saves A LOT on shipping as well as they can fit into a flat-ish box. You or a welder of your choice can weld the kit together over a 6-pack and paint is up to you. Here is a couple pics of the template of the rear on my old trooper.

I am working on several other parts for the trooper off-road market. Sliders (weld-on), pumpkin protector, light guards, skid extenders and more. There is also a removable storage system I'm working on for the rear cargo area for those who do multi-day trips or just need a storage solution.

A question a get a lot is "do I build stuff for secon gen troopers"? Not yet, bu I am working on getting a blown up 94-ish to my shop to use as a template for other parts.

I am looking to specialize in equipping these awesome beasts with the best quality, smartly designed, innovative products at the best possible price.

Attachments

Reactions: ozfest

·
Registered
38 Posts
Please put me down on the list for a set of the ball joint spacers. Is the price going to be the same as before, $50 shipped? Like I said in the email's last night, can't wait for the bumbers kits. The mockup of the rear bumper looks great.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The price should remain the same providing the price of steel has not gone up. I will know and post it up withing the next day or two. Frankly I didn't ask when I ordered them.

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
Rear bumper design mock up looks good. Exactly how I want to make mine except with a spot for a hitch. I hate aftermarket bumpers that leave out the wrap around. It's a cop-out if you ask me. If you are going to make it, make it looks like it belongs there. You're doin' it right!

Bart

·
Registered
501 Posts
Troopertripper

That bumper mockup does look really good! Can't wait to see one completed. Shipped in pieces like that - it would leave lots of room for individuals to tweak things to their personal needs.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I like the rear bumper! When will you have the front worked out? Are you going to make the plates and then weld it up to test the fit and function? If you make an ARB type of bumper that I can weld together myself then I want one.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes, the front will be pre-built for fit-up, the rear already has been. Fit is great. I spent a lot if time adjusting the curves/contours to make sure the lines "flowed" with the troops lines.
As 95badboy said the nice thing is that you can tweak these kits to suit your needs or accessories.

The sliders are going to be of the same "kit" variety, but I'm still working out the bugs of compacting them down for shipping. It may not be possible w/ them.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts