Registered
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2012 Audi A3 8) :hello2:

It delivers in 12 - 16 weeks :(

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Why is that bad news? I like the A3's, small but bigger than a golf. Or at least bigger looking.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bad because this car will be my first large loan.. And the passodeo will be outside now :(

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 12 to 16 weeks is the really bad news. Makes me sad.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Congrats... What engine/trim level did you get?

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ruination said:
Congrats... What engine/trim level did you get?
got the top trim with the 2.0T fsi. MANUAL TRANS!

and APR stage one will be the first thing I do when I get the car up to Ohio.. selectable performance between stock and Go-BABY-Go :twisted:

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Nice! Large loans aren't bad if you're allowed to put lump payments on it. My wife got a 4 year car loan when we bought her toyota, we paid it off in 2. When ever we had some extra cash we just put it on the loan.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Nice job Darren! Can't wait to see it! Those APR kits are sweet, had a few VW guys with their products.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
dman4486 said:
Bad because this car will be my first large loan.. And the passodeo will be outside now :(
Large loans aren't terrible, as long as you're sure you can afford them. What's terrible is when I hear about people who make $20K a year, and they drive a $30K+ vehicle. That's part of what got us into this economic mess, is people buying crap they can't afford.

Personally I'll never take out a car loan either. If I can't write a check or pay cash for it, I ain't buying it. I'll never buy a brand new car either, even a car with only 500 miles on it, has depreciated enough to make it worth buying barely used cars. That's just my personal philosophy though, I'm very adverse to debt.

Good luck with the Audi, I'm sure you'll love it. :D

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RamAirZ said:
Nice job Darren! Can't wait to see it! Those APR kits are sweet, had a few VW guys with their products.
I have seen good reviews on the APR.. any comments from people on the kits from your end? anybody know anything about the functionality with the selectabile performance via cruise switch?

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
justwork said:
Nice! Large loans aren't bad if you're allowed to put lump payments on it. My wife got a 4 year car loan when we bought her toyota, we paid it off in 2. When ever we had some extra cash we just put it on the loan.
Yea... there are no early payoff penalties, I just have butterflies being this far in debt. Can't wait for the first Home loan :shock: :dontknow:

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sags said:
dman4486 said:
Large loans aren't terrible, as long as you're sure you can afford them. What's terrible is when I hear about people who make $20K a year, and they drive a $30K+ vehicle. That's part of what got us into this economic mess, is people buying crap they can't afford.

Personally I'll never take out a car loan either. If I can't write a check or pay cash for it, I ain't buying it. I'll never buy a brand new car either, even a car with only 500 miles on it, has depreciated enough to make it worth buying barely used cars. That's just my personal philosophy though, I'm very adverse to debt.

I used to think the same way... problem is I couldn't find the car I wanted with low miles. I just don't trust people and what they have or haven't done with cars. I Figured I might as well suck it up and buy the car i wanted and know that if there is something wrong with it the dealer is at fault. Will be using this car for tons of travel and can't afford to have a non-reliable car right now.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
dman4486 said:
Sags said:
dman4486 said:

I used to think the same way... problem is I couldn't find the car I wanted with low miles. I just don't trust people and what they have or haven't done with cars. I Figured I might as well suck it up and buy the car i wanted and know that if there is something wrong with it the dealer is at fault. Will be using this car for tons of travel and can't afford to have a non-reliable car right now.
hopeful you get that car that you what. :thumbleft:

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Trooper King said:
hopeful you get that car that you what. :thumbleft:
Thanks man! I hope it shows up sooner than 14 weeks :D

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
That'd be nice if it shows up sooner! And getting your first home loan is a GREAT feeling, then not long afterwards you think about getting your next home :lol: From what I had heard from the VW guys, they loved the quality and functionality of the kits. Very straight forward, good power, and reliable.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
RamAirZ said:
That'd be nice if it shows up sooner! And getting your first home loan is a GREAT feeling, then not long afterwards you think about getting your next home :lol: From what I had heard from the VW guys, they loved the quality and functionality of the kits. Very straight forward, good power, and reliable.
Excellent! thanks

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
No prob! I was watching West Coast Customs last night when they did the R8 for Tron, dude that car is amazing.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Everyone deserves to have a new car at least ONCE in their life.

I learned my lesson with the 2007 Corolla S (****box edition)

I would buy new again - but only when I'm making enough to justify it. The corolla was very affordable, but I promise I won't be buying another new Toyota Corolla..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts