Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife loves the 2004 Axiom. I was wondering what people are paying for them? Do they actually go for sticker or are they at invoice? Under invoice? We drove one that was priced at about 28k, but I think there are some factory rebates from Isuzu. I have even seen several 2002 models for about 21k that have never been sold. I would like to get a 2004 since it has a little more HP and possible some of the problems with the inital run of 2002/2003 have been worked out. If anyone has any idea how much the 04 is really selling for I would be a great help to me. Thanks.

·
Registered
591 Posts
The 2004's will sell for invoice, maybe even slightly under (depending on how patient you are). There are 4 axiom models for 2004, two 2wd's and two 4x4 models. Looks like the pricing ranges from about $24K to $29.5K. IMHO- a loaded '04 rodeo 4x4 with the new 3.5 (and beefier tranny) is a much better value at $25K.
G/luck
Joel

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. A dealer here has one for 24,500 after rebate. I was just trying to figure out if there is any room on that price. I would probably try to get it if I thought that I could get them down to 23k. We drove the Rodeo as well, but she likes the looks of the Axiom much more. I think I agree with her. The Axiom interior is pretty cool and more modern looking. Have you heard anything about reliabilty of the 04 vs the 02/03? I can pick up a brand new with zero miles for about 20k ..

·
Registered
591 Posts
I havent seen any reports of issues with 2003's or 2004's yet. Too early to tell. It's all up to you if $4500 is worth the new 3.5L and tranny setup of the 2004 over 2003 :shock: . Drive'em both and see it it's worth it (or what the boss likes!! :lol: )
G/luck
Joel

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Boss wants the 04 :wink: , but since I can't even find anyone that has purchased one I am having a hard time finding out what people are paying for them. I guess I can just make an offer and see what they say. Any idea what invoice on the Axiom might be?

·
Registered
591 Posts
There's a bunch of sites out there to check invoice & MSRP's: MSN.com, kbb.com, edmunds.com, etc.. I like www.carsdirect.com Use the "invoice" as your guide. Print it right out & take it with you. Dealers still make money selling at invoice. Don't pay a dime over that for a new Zu. My sister-in-law got her 2003 rodeo 4x4 3.2L 5spd for $19900 last June, which was $1000 below "invoice", no rebates or anything at that time.
G/luck
Joel

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought a 2004 in November. I was trading in an SUV I still owed money on, so it's hard to say, but I think it was about $3000 off sticker. Of course, I missed the rebate.

Mine is an S model, with TOD, and it was hard to find.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Steve. That is some good info. The rebate is 2500 and we were thinking of trying to get them to knock another $500 off after that. I don't think it is unreasonable. How do you like your Axiom so far? We drove the S with the TOD as well and that's what we are considering. Any problems/drawbacks so far? I am in a similar situation as I am a little upsidown on my trade.

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
I think that it was an LS with TOD that I got to drive for a week in 2001, but wow, was that a nice riding truck. Much more smooth on the highway than any Trooper that I've ridden in, and it had power. We cruised right along out on the highway in Utah.

-Tad

·
Registered
14 Posts
We've had good luck with it so far, although we haven't exercised the TOD much. We've had little snow in our local mountains (we live in So. Calif.) and haven't had much of a chance to take it out in the desert yet.

However no problems, with 2900 miles on it. It is quicker than our old truck by a long shot.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you can deal with an 2003 Axiom - rebate is $4k, plus it still has
cassette and CD changer. Around Chicago-area an 03 Axiom
XS 4wd loaded list $31k - selling for $23.5 at several dealers.

I've had my 02 Axiom for 8 months/ 10K miles - it's been great.

Good luck & Go Isuzu!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Interesting. I found only 4 2003s within 300 miles of my house. One is only 75 miles from here. Maybe I will give them a call. Does the 03 still have the 250HP engine? Thanks everyone for all your responses. I didn't realize there was this kind of owner support out there for the Isuzu brand. It makes me feel pretty good about buying one of these.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, as of last night we are the proud owners of a 2004 Axiom S 4x4 in diamond black. We ended up getting it for $24,250 with the rebate. Not too bad of a price I think? I want to thank everyone on this board that replied. It really helped my buying decision.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The 2004 is a much better model. It has a DIRECT-INJECTION ENGINE!!! Yeah :)!!! That improves performance, horsepower, fuel economy, and get this: THE 2004 AXIOM IS A CERTIFIED LOW-EMISSION VEHICLE. Bet you never thought you would hear low-e and SUV in the same sentance lol. This engine was awarded a Popular Science "Best of whats new for 2004" award. This is a huge achievment and technology that is going to be underpublicized due to the fact its from Isuzu, and many people are mean to it hehe. There are currently 4 vehicles with Direct-injection engines in the US:

Rolls Royce Phaeton- $350,000
BMW 7 DI- $118,000
2004 ISUZU AXIOM- from $24,995 - DI standard
2004 ISUZU RODEO- from $19,995- DI available

Shows theres real value in the 2004 Axiom, whehter you pay full price or less :). Plus the interior blows my mind its so cool and modern, luxurious. Wish i was old enough to work and get one haha :).

·
Registered
591 Posts
Only bad thing is- the new DI 3.5L is programmed & calibrated to run on low sulphur gasoline, which is pretty much non-existent in the US now. Until we can get low sulphur fuels, you wont reap the full benefits of the DI 3.5L (max power output & max MPG's). It's still a cool engine!!! You got a great truck for the $$. Welcome aboard!
Joel

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
600 miles already and loving it. Took it on a couple long road trips. Once to Portland from Seattle and once to Bellingham. Even with the stiff suspension it is suprisingly comfortable. I can't wait to take it up to the mountain and play in the snow.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Guys today I saw a new Axiom at my school in the student parking lot and it was sooo cool with big shiny rims!! They werent big and shiny in ghetto style but where so cool and im gonna kill the owner and steal it!!! JK lol. It is really cool though with big rims and tires if you want to spend the extra money its worth it because its sooo cdool looking :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.