Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

My 93 Isuzu Trooper has a automatic transmission line leak. It is located where the two lines enter\leave the transmission and go the the cooler - one of the lines is rusted through and starting to leak.

Can anyone clarify the line size and type of flare\ fitting? I was intending on getting a 2-3 ft line with fittings from the local jobber and using a piece of rubber hose to connect the new line with the existing one.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks

Aivars Berzins

·
Registered
297 Posts
Don't know about the line size but if your going to be using rubber hose don't use just and rubber hose or fuel hose, that hot transmission fluid will eat through most hoses so you have to use hose specifically for transmission cooler lines

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Did some searching and dug up this old thread.

Looks like someone had the same situation and replaced part of the cooling lines on my trooper with rubber hoses. Now they're leaking pretty bad.
I was planning on replacing the ruber hoses with steel lines and unions but can't find out what size peices to get without pulling the old ones off first.... It's cold, wanna have all parts in hand before starting...

So... it's been 5 years, anybody got an answer for this question yet?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.