Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have changed their auto hubs to manual? I heard it helps on gas milege cause your front axles are not spinning (less drag).

·
Registered
823 Posts
John, if you ahve auto hubs,.... you wont gain any mileage..as they are disengaged when not used(if you back up to disengage them afeter 4wd use)...

The main benefit, it when wheeling, if you need to back-up, or rick the the vehicle back and forth..they hubs will disengage an engage everytime you change direction for to aft or vise versa....

But, yes, i have changed auto hubs to manual...(my trooper)..

and driveflanges to manual...(the rodeo)...not a big deal at all..as long as you can see the hub itself(where is says auto), you dont even need to take the wheel off....

Chase

·
Registered
808 Posts
Not too difficult to convert the front hubs to manual from auto, My Trooper came with auto hubs and i replaced them with manual ones from Superwinch.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
I swapped mine to the Aisin Maunal hubs as well. The autos are great if you never leave the paved roads. The manual hubs give you a solid connection to the axle. They do not unlock and lock as you change directions like the automatic hubs do. If you lock them in they are locked. Until you go unlock them.

Joe

·
Registered
808 Posts
That and you have the added use of 2 wheel low, which i have found to come in handy in a few situations

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like to go off road so i might get some manual hubs soon, but ill stick to the auto's till i have a problem with them then ill change em.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.