Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rather than buying a set of automotive gages, I have all of my refrigeration equipment I use to repair refrigerators. Can all of this be used to do auto ac? All I should need is fitting adapters, right? Where do I get them?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Been a bit... Anyone know? :D

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
Yes you can use them. The pressures are within the range of standard r-12/22/502 gauges. You can get adapters and fittings from ebay pretty cheap. I just bought a set of automotive a/c gauges from HF though since they were on sale for about $30. Had to buy an adapter to attach them to my vacuum pump though. Also had to get a can tap for them to use the 1 lb cans.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where did you get the adapter for your vacuum pump? I bought a set of hoses but they fittings are too large to secure onto my manifold for refrigeration...

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
I got it off of ebay. The red and blue hoses should fit the other manifold, at least on my auto gauges they are the same. But the yellow one is larger.

The can tap I got is like THIS ONE and the vacuum pump adapter I got is like THIS ONE. I got the adapter like that so I can just put it on the standard flare fitting without having to change the fitting all the time. "My" vacuum pump actually belongs to my employer so dont want to change the fitting if I dont have to.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got all the equipment for charging, vacuuming, and so on, I got the adapters to tap into the truck, but my manifold's male fittings are smaller than the hoses that hook to the truck, so i'll look into the reverse fitting as referenced by you, thank you!

I just didn't know what they were called to look them up.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What size fittings are the automotive hoses versus a normal access valve found on a refrigerator? I want to make sure I get the right ones...

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just didn't know what the actual sizes were, but I'm going to try and set myself up to work on friends' cars as well :)

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's funny, my boss is really picky about those adapters that he bought for our 134a cans, we use automotive refrigerant due to the fact that it's cheaper, and it has the 1/2" conenctor on it, I just never made that connection until now lol!

·
Registered
645 Posts
how much you charge for a freon fill up ? :)

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
twilson said:
how much you charge for a freon fill up ? :)
On a refrigerator or a Trooper? ;-)

·
Registered
645 Posts
haha :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts