Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, a couple of us are in the talking stage of trying to get an autolocker for the rearend of our Isuzus. WE have made initial contact with a couple of companies that might be interested in working with us. How many people here (and that haven't responded on the wire) are interested to the point of putting a deposit down for one? Cost total could be between $250 and $450.

Let me know

·
Registered
763 Posts
I'll buy one. I will have to find an open carrier first though.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I'm in, even if there's a prepay. So long as it's comperable to the other lunchbox type lockers, pricewise. 300 or less ballpark.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, I am posting the link to the other thread here now:

http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=635582&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

Where is Weslaco, TX??? You should be trailriding with us man :D

Anyway, I think Independent 4x4 is going to be our distributor and get this rolling so that we can give Matt the deposits, and he can sell us the lockers when they make them. We need to get some serious interest going on this though, and that means $$$$$ cause Money talks

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow if you are that far south, you are only 4 or 5 hours from civilization :lol:

Anyway, guys this looks like a go for us to approach Powertrax. WE need all the support we can get from the isuzu community, and by support I primarily mean money. We will be working directly with Independent 4x4 (we hope. Matt hasn't officially committed yet) and we will most likely need deposits up front to get them to develop this locker. Matt is taking on a great responsibility on this for us, so let's not let him down.

We will be putting an additional post on the wire for all out commitments, and I will post a link here as soon as I have one.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm in. Heck, they might develop it and have it to me before I get the Trooper back on the road...Between work and school I'm not getting much time off...All I can say is Christmas Break!

frisky...noticed you're not too far away fom my loc. Where do you wheel around here?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Man we wheel at Mineral Wells, there are some trails in Ft worth by a friends house, we go to Marshall Creek to get muddy mostly, there is Barnwell Mountain recreation area (1900 acres!!!!) and there are several places near and into Oklahoma to wheel. PM me all your info and I will get you on my list of people that I eMail when someone plans a trip. Also watch the trailride sections on here and at 4x4 wire.

Definitely get in on this locker thing though. This will be HUGE if we can get the support of Powertrax and get this thing moving. There are several of us actually willing to invest in more than one, just to get the deal off the ground.

·
Registered
823 Posts
You know I am in(already posted it on the wire)...

Weslaco is in south Texas about 1 hour from South Padre Island.
I will back in Corpus from 3 Jan till about 8 Jan... I almost miss it down there......but I always miss it during spring break

Chase

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
We need to get a few more responses from the planet guys, here is the I will buy a 12 bolt locker list so far:

1 icu_running
2 Frisky
3 Chasespeed
4 Onebadtrooper
5 Bigpoppax2
6 Joehope (2)
7 Wareagle
8 Ducktrooper
9 CPOM
10 Randii
11 2000Trooper
12 paulevans76
13 Madcat
14 Kermitthetodd (from the Planet)

Maybe list

1 LSGA
2 LTC Don

·
Registered
763 Posts
Lets just try to keep the price within reason for a lockright. Lockrights normally retail for $300 for an 12 bolt sized axle to about $400 for larger axles.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, the price won't be up to us, but as an example, the 10 bolt lock right (discontinued currently) list price was $425 according to Powertrax sales. We just want to push for a lunchbox locker for our vehicles so that we are competetive with the Toys and the Jeeps out there that can buy a locker on every corner.

We officially have the support of Independent 4x4 now, so this is a real live concept now. We just need to get some more committments from people in the isuzu community.

Don't be the guy that has to pay $500 for one from one of us that gets an extra one and holds on to it till later......... :lol:

·
Registered
823 Posts
ARB AIR LOCKER - 10 BOLT IFS FRONT
List Price: $999.24 , Sale Price: $729.99

ARB AIR LOCKER - ISUZU REAR AXLES
List Price: $868.95 , Sale Price: $724.99
Even at 500 a pop, we would be ahead of the game...when you factor in the compressor and all....IF you wanted to go auto in thhe front, you can lock up both ends for the cost of one of these...

My 2 cents...

And FWIW, I know what it costs to get these in country, adn you wont find a lower price(that the dealer isnt taking a serious loss with)....

Chase

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lets get excited about this!!!! Tell all of your isuzu friends that we can be locked for not too much money, and get them all committed to buying one of these. We have interest in about 25 or 30 so far, but we need a lot more to get the ball rolling on this.

Post on every isuzu site that you know of and tell all of your non-isuzu friends. I don't care if they have an isuzu or not, they just need to buy the new isuzu locker. (everybody's doing it!!) Get on the bandwagon!!!!!

:lol:

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I just got through sending private messages to two newer members here on the planet about the 12 bolt locker possibility. I'm doing my part to get the message out to everyone I know. Espicially those in different countries. We need everyone we can get to end up getting this ball rolling.

Don't let this one die guys.

Joe

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does the '01 Rodeo have the 12 bolt. I would be interested in this. I checked into it once before and I don't remember it being 8 bills.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
bigpoppax2 said:
We need to get a few more responses from the planet guys, here is the I will buy a 12 bolt locker list so far:

1 icu_running
2 Frisky
3 Chasespeed
4 Onebadtrooper
5 Bigpoppax2
6 Joehope (2)
7 Wareagle
8 Ducktrooper
9 CPOM
10 Randii
11 2000Trooper
12 paulevans76
13 Madcat
14 Kermitthetodd (from the Planet)

Maybe list

1 LSGA
2 LTC Don
Add me to the "maybe" section of the list... it all depends on the final price.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts