Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Rodeo 3.5DI with 140K and I am pretty sure the trans fluid has never been changed. I see that our trans takes a special fluid not easly obtained anymore and I am wondering what is a replacement that we can get here in the states?

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
BrydonJ said:
Mobil 3309! :D
Brydon, how is your transmission doing ? Have you changed the fluid or else ?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Uh, well no :( Not yet, I had a free diagnosis from a local transmission shop. They seem to think it's electronic (range sensor, TPC, or TCU) so after I get all that straightened out I am going to change my fluid out because I know it needs to be done. I will actually be doing a bit today, and this weekend. I will let everyone know my results and ect with some decent feedback, thanks Holger.

-Brydon

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
i have a 2003 rodeo with the asian transmission , i use dex V1 fluid , i know many will say don't use dex v1 , but read the GM tests on dex v1 verus dex 3 , it will run cooler and shift great , just my 2c

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
5 th rodeo said:
i have a 2003 rodeo with the asian transmission , i use dex V1 fluid , i know many will say don't use dex v1 , but read the GM tests on dex v1 verus dex 3 , it will run cooler and shift great , just my 2c
I cannot imagine a reason why anybody who has to work for living would use a non-recommended fluid for the auto transmission. The AT is so expensive to fix, and it usually is getting broken in the most unexpected unfortunate moment.

Aisin AT in '03-'04 Isuzus requires 3309/Type IV fluid. A few of us are so fortunate to have a "normal" reliable AT. Let's not screw up this one.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mobile 3309/Type IV it is. I am not taking any chances. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.