1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Depends on the vehicle.

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
My '99 rodeo never had one. I bought some small LEDs and mounted them in the trim above the ashtray and lighter so I could actually see what I was doing. At first I had purple ones and they barely had enough light. Now I have blue ones and they are way too bright but at least I can see the ashtray and lighter now LOL.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
My 03 Rodeo has one.

FOR3V3RINF3RNO, not sure how else to explain it except for that it's a little light that's in the ash tray so when you open it, you can see inside of it.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
The ash tray illumination also helps you determine quantity and quality of said ash. An ashologist could pin down whether from tobaco or other substance. The illumination intensity may be beneficial in a forensic way. :twisted:

GB

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
FOR3V3RINF3RNO said:
lol so how do you get old 1 out???
Not sure where the lighter is on your model but normally you remove the bezel/trim that its intalled in. Then the back/outer part of it unscrews from the inner part. Sometimes they can be tight and the whole thing will turn then you have to play with it a bit. Just remember to unplug it before trying to take it apart. The inner part and outer part sandwich the bezel to mount it in place.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts