·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is one. If not how many would join if i started one

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Theres a few of us AZ guys on the forums already. RezKid lives in prescott, Drednot is somewhere in AZ, and Rover_Bob is in Tucson near me.

I know there are a few others in AZ, but I cant remember them off the top of my head.

You could try starting up a club, but we already keep pretty well in touch through the forums. Id really like to see some AZ trail rides. Now that would be cool! 8)

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we should try together and do some trails. i have a stock ride and noob 4wd experience so they will have to be something we can all do.
i was think of the club b/c i see alot of rodeos and some troopers out here and it would be nice to get something together like the over priced hummers do

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tucson isnt to bad of a drive for me i am in mesa, just give me a week or 2 heads up if you can.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Haven't been to rail x. Have done Chivo Falls (a bunch) and all the trails in the Reddington area, the gap, some of the trails in Florence, Hackberry Creek and a few others near Globe, two trips to Moab (you guys should all plan to go to ZuZoo next May...you won't regret it), some trails south of Tucson...

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Ive been all over the reddington and chivo falls area. 8) A few years back I would to go out there every weekend to shoot . Never got all the way up to San Manuel though.

Have you done many trails in the trico/marana Red Rock area? Ive found a bunch of great trails around the SASCO area and farther up the Santa Cruz as well.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm aware of how old this post is, but if by any chance any of you did form a club of some sort, count me in! I have an 89 Spacecab and would like to do some trail rides. Also good to have people to get advice from as a noob.

·
Registered
790 Posts
You should put your name in on the member map in my signature. There are 6 guys in AZ you could message to try and get together.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Looks like most of the people in this thread are gone but there is a few members here in AZ.I would be in for a trail run,or some other type of gathering.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I see you are out in Avondale. I actually lived out there about 2 years ago. I'm in Tucson, but am in Phoenix at least once a month. Let me know if you ever want to do a ride. Doesn't matter where.

·
Registered
414 Posts
jareddbh said:
I see you are out in Avondale. I actually lived out there about 2 years ago. I'm in Tucson, but am in Phoenix at least once a month. Let me know if you ever want to do a ride. Doesn't matter where.
Florence would be close to the middle,maybe Box Canyon?

·
Registered
76 Posts
That seems like a pretty cool place. I'm new to 4x4 so don't know the good trails. I have some buddies in Glendale who would be interested in some trail rides as well. One has a jeep and the other a nice Tacoma.

Is Box Canyon mild enough for a 99% stock spacecab? It looks like most of it is fairly mild, but some of the stuff gets pretty hairy.

I've got 31" all terrains and maybe a 1.5" lift. I have no idea what the stock height is of these spacecabs with the big tire package (31s), but I did notice some leaf shackles in the back. I cranked the t-bars to match.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Alright sure. I read that there are two different paths, and one is more challenging. The other seems fine for most 4x4s. I have about a foot of ground clearance.

It could be closer to you as well since my buddies are in glendale. We've done some stuff in Lake pleasant, but I like the Canyon idea.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Triathlete said:
I'm still around and check in every once and a while. I am in Tucson. I have some maintenance stuff to get done before I am up for a trip but once I get that done I will be doing some more trail runs.
I hear ya. I've literally been trying to get the passenger side lower ball joint off the truck for about 3 days. There's one bolt that is different from the rest, and it won't come out. I'm even trying to cut it off. Did the driver's side in about 30 minutes haha.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well. Finally got the truck sorted out. Just a few finishing touches and it's good for a ride.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts