Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Open topic, open forum to discuss.

50% (or more like 75% +) of the posts on PlanetZoo have horrendous spelling errors, poor punctuation, make your 6-8th grade english teacher head spin GRAMMAR MISTAKES of: you your you're, there their they're, it it's it is............and so on.

I'm not even talking about LOL, J/K, OMG.

It's like a foreign speaking world browsing on the 'Zoo sometimes. sigh.

None of other car/truck web-sites I visit exhibit the same "normal posting character" of this site, Are people just casual and in their easy chair couch mode, or on other sites people have more than a "GED and a taco-pushing would you like fries with that order" wage/education?

so what is it about Isuzus, that are mostly "cheap/affordable" $600-6,000 rigs for the common man or woman, or do people who post here just don't give a frying fluck?.

You never get a second chance to make a first impression. Your typing and english spelling skill represent who you are to the rest of the world-wide-web audience. sigh. I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but oh well, just venting. It's a pretty accurate spot-on observation.

Just an open topic to discuss. Note pointing any fingers or calling people out. Not putting myself above the masses, and we all make occasional errors...... But man it mentally hurts to read these forums sometimes!

Off the soap box, Nomex flame suit on.

If I made an error in this post, oh well, it's just the inter-web.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Rodeo Song said:
make your 6-8th grade english teacher head spin GRAMMAR MISTAKES of: you your you're, there their they're, it it's it is............and so on.
:lol:

As a high school English teacher, I have to laugh at this post.

(By the way, you don't want me grading your post on punctuation, grammar, and spelling.)

Note pointing any fingers or calling people out.
:bootyshake:

I understand where you are coming from, but I also know that some of the best advice that I've received on this forum has not always come in the form of perfectly polished English. Just sayin'.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
I hear you! Some have improved with time. I generally ignore it.

Personally though, it's a matter of pride that carries from writing e-mails for work. I often go back and edit and re-edit my posts to correct some of my mistakes. I'm still not the best, but I thrive to make sense in my posts.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
times two for all of the following.

or x2 fr al ov da stuf befo.

:lol:

Try and get this program it might hep.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Aside from all the excited & hastily typed posts, there are a fair number of members from across the pond, in various directions, who are trying their best to communicate in a coherent fashion.

It's not an English paper contest, its a web forum lol. Blink, take a breath, mumble to yourself & read the next post.

~psguardian

·
Registered
749 Posts
Rodeo Song said:
...site, Are...
Improper use of capitalization after a comma.
I'm not trying to be an ******* but it's hard to ignore mistakes in a post complaining about mistakes.

Just do as psguardian said, better to just mumble your complaints to yourself or it just annoys the piss out of everyone.
And you said it too, it's just the interwebs.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Most of the people on this forum are BAMF's who don't get offended when people fail with proper grammar. Those who constantly complain about grammar are not BAMF's. Most of us know each other anyways so it's not a big deal. Our firsts impressions have been made in person.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
And if you are so worried about first impressions, maybe you should have tried better with yours? And like stated, alot of mis-punctuation and non-capitalized letters in your post complaining about this crap. Hi pot!

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
RamAirZ said:
And if you are so worried about first impressions, maybe you should have tried better with yours? And like stated, alot of mis-punctuation and non-capitalized letters in your post complaining about this crap. Hi pot!
Hmmm I thinking he will not get an invitation to the BAMF's club.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Better watch it, that "I thinking" crap won't fly here. And if it's THAT annoying, you don't have to click on this site in your browser, just saying...

·
Registered
749 Posts
RamAirZ said:
Better watch it, that "I thinking" crap won't fly here. And if it's THAT annoying, you don't have to click on this site in your browser, just saying...
Why did you capitalize the entire word "that." I think it was unnecessary and it makes it too difficult for me to read.
:cry:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well this guy is an even bigger douchebag then when I left.

but for the occasion...

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
pbrooke said:
RamAirZ said:
Why did you capitalize the entire word "that." I think it was unnecessary and it makes it too difficult for me to read.
:cry:
Sorry to make it so difficult, since it's the internet and hard to express emotions, I felt I needed to get the point across that I was stressing the word "that" :lol:

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
About the only one I see regularly on here that makes me cringe is when someone uses breaks instead of brakes. I ignore it though. Good thing you didnt read any of Zippos posts before he got better, would have made your head explode LOL.

My worst habit is not using apostrophes. Its just a matter of being lazy.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Bikesrcool is about as bad as zippo :lol:

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Yo' thread just got jacked!

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I don't blame anybody....I blame their school system. :lol: