1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Id say they are 913's. Best to call them and make sure.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dae said:
Id say they are 913's. Best to call them and make sure.
Tried. Getting some conflicting info, depending on who I talk to. Considering going to Independent4x despite the higher price. Just trying to pull this together on a budget, and every $25 counts.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Well, when I ordered the 913's I was only expecting to get 1.25 - 1.50" of lift. Not the 2" that I really got.
They were listed as Rodeo 1.5, and the sale rep said in reality it would be about an inch or a little more. But I got 2"!

Which spring did you decide on getting? I wish I had just gone with the 912's for an addition inch of lift, from the get-go. Oh well..., spacers are cheap.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Dae. :)

I did my reading, and I am going with the 912s. 2"+ sounds good. I am still a little undecided if I want to add a 1.5" spacer also. Leaning towards yes.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is just for conversation, but looking at Independent4x's site

https://www.independent4x.com/merchantm ... ucts_id=20

They have 1.5" and 3" lifts. I wonder if 3" will give me more than 3", like your 1.5" actually gave you 2"?

Also, an academic question, but.... I wonder if I would order for the Amigo or the Rodeo for my Rodeo Sport? lol

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Well since the springs are all interchangeable I dont think it matters what you order it for. If you go stock Trooper, itd probably be 913's.
But if you go with Indy just call them up and place your order. Since you have an Amigo, im sure it will lift you about .25 - .50"+ more than the Rodeos.

912 = 3" for Rodeos, so it would be more for an Amigo/Rodeo sport.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm... I had sent this email earlier to Independent4x:

Hello.

I really want to buy from you, based on recommendations of the guys at planetisuzoo.com, but your prices are about $25 higher than the same coils at Rocky Road. Do you do any sort of price matching?

Thanks for any info.

Got a response just now:

Our price for the coils is $169.99 a pair, they are in stock and ship same business day.

XXX, sales
Independent4x
804-550-0480

Not really much as far as courteous responses go, imo. Higher shipping than the competition too, even thought they are right next door to my state. Guess I will hold off for now while I check out a couple of other places. I'm in no rush.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh, well. No harm done.

I ordered 'em! Now can't wait to get them installed!

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Nice! Make sure to take plenty of pics. :p

·
Registered
129 Posts
it may be too late, but i would say they are 913. when you add them to your cart, the part number they give is PME913.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
basic said:
it may be too late, but i would say they are 913. when you add them to your cart, the part number they give is PME913.
Yep, that was the way I found out, too. RR actually pointed me to them when I emailed and asked about the 912s! :?

I went with another well-respected company that gave me a straight answer first time.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Me too.

I will post some pics! It's my first lift... having trouble figuring out how much is too much or not enough. I *think* I want a total of about 4-5 inches. I figure moving from a 245-70/16 to a 75 will get me the extra inch or two?!? We'll see. :)

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
bek said:
I can't tell. :(
Those are 913. Probably for a light vehicle like Amigo it is OK. But for heavier vehicle like Rodeo I'd suggest at least 912s. The coil rates are in the following sequence:

913 < 912 < 919 < 929

I use 929s, the stiffest ones. When you pack lots of heavy things in the trunk this is helpful. Although, the washboards are really awful with high-rate springs. I hate the washboards. I'd suggest to ban washboards altogether. I'd start a petition to eliminate the washboards. Those are inhumane things.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
holger said:
bek said:
I can't tell. :(
Those are 913. Probably for a light vehicle like Amigo it is OK. But for heavier vehicle like Rodeo I'd suggest at least 912s. The coil rates are in the following sequence:

913 < 912 < 919 < 929
Figured that one out, with a little work. :) What do you think, Holger... 912s ok for an Amigo/RS?

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
bek said:
Figured that one out, with a little work. :) What do you think, Holger... 912s ok for an Amigo/RS?
I guess so.

·
Registered
433 Posts
If you're wanting 4-5" I'd say go with the 919's and spacers. I got 2" out of my 919's and would have had 3" if i had kept my spacers.

With a lighter vehicle, you'll probably get the 4" you want with that. Plus it's nice to have whenever you do cary stuff.

Plus you're probably going to have to do more than just crank your torsion bars to get enough lift in the front. I reindexed mine and got a good 3" out of them, but couldn't go any more than that.

They were $201 tax and all for my coils and spacers + free shipping if you sign up for a free trial of Amazon Prime.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Redstar,
When you bought your springs on amazon, what was the part number? I ask because, I've noticed that ARB sells OME coils on amazon using their part number but the item lists as coil spring not springs. So I was wondering if they're sold in pairs or singles because the price they list seems to be for a pair but it only says spring and not springs.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Don't see how you got so confused with Rocky Road, when you click "add to cart" they plainly show up in your cart as 913s. Seems like you didn't try very hard.

FWIW... Rocky Road lists 913s for Rodeo/Amigo and 912s for Vehicross. But call or e-mail them and they will sell you whichever you want. Or just select the VX online and get 912s that way. I've sent them a couple e-mails and they have always responded promptly and nicely. I would buy from them, except I (maybe) have a deal on some used springs. Still might get some rock sliders from them in the future.

Some people on here would have you think that Indy4X is the be all and end all of aftermarket parts for Isuzu. Just FYI, that's not true, Rocky Road is a good vendor as well, and their prices are better then Indy4X.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts