Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the Rodeo/Passport world, having purchased a 1995 Passport 3.2 V6 in July. But, I'm not a novice regarding vehicle service having been a professional mechanic in a past life.

I've been looking for parts lists here and elsewhere without success. Yes, I can contact local and national Isuzu/Honda dealers... but some of the prices are silly.

Take for example 2 valve cover gaskets and 6 spark plug seals:
Dealer prices (locally and nationally) between $80-$100.

Yesterday I purchased a Victor Reinz valve cover gasket set (two gaskets and 6 seals) (part number VS50226) at my local NAPA store. Price $34.00. This is made by Dana and is not junk.

Also I have been pricing lug nuts and studs. Dealer pricing for steel lug nuts for stock steel wheel lug nuts is $9-$10 each. NAPA Balkamp number 641-3258 is $7.00 each. They don't look quite as good as original, but suitable considering the cost of 24 of them.

Researching this stuff is getting old, fast. Does anyone know of a list of aftermarket parts for these cars?

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Your best bet is to give Merlin a call at St. Charles Isuzu. 1-800-727-8066 The call is free, shipping is free, you pay no tax, and they give you 15% off of factory Isuzu parts. Not a bad deal.

But, like you found if you don't have to buy a factory part it's much cheaper to buy from local part stores.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
St. Charles is a good source, as you say. However in my case a local Honda dealer does 20-25% off (but they do charge shipping). Depending upon what you want St. Charles or my local (Connecticut) Honda dealer is better.

Also if a warranty is important there are issues: purchasing from Isuzu for Honda = no warranty. Purchasing from Honda for Isuzu = no warranty. So for example: if I purchase a muffler from Isuzu there is no warranty, vs. if I purchase the muffler from Honda there is a life-time warranty.

If some readers have Honda Passports they might want to check out Manchester Honda in Manchester Connecticut.
Their main page is http://www.manhonda.com/
Their parts page is http://www.manhonda.com/ap/

In the case of gaskets I was not looking for a warranty, but here is a recent example (approximate figures)

Manchester Honda
V/C gaskets $20 each
Spark plug seals $2.30 each

St. Charles
V/C gaskets $20 each
Spark plug seals $7+ each

NAPA
2 V/C gaskets with 6 seals $34

Manchester Honda
Muffler $250 + $10-15 shipping

St. Charles
Muffler $280 (no shipping charge)

It appears it is wise to shop around.

Going back to my original question:
Are there any parts lists around?

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
or try me. I buy lots of parts from auctions and other sources from closed Isuzu dealerships nationally. I have the weird stuff that dealerships keep in stock for Warranty crap, like ABS modules for02-04 4wd vehicles and head gaskets and stuff like that. I think i have a engine gasket set (the WHOLE thing) for 93-95 or 96-97 Rodeos, ill have to check. This covers every gasket in the motor and 2 head gaskets. list price is over 450.00, OUCH. Let me see what i have. If you need anything for the Rodeo, try me first. I try to sell the parts for 20% of list (yes 80% less then list). I dont have much left, mostly odds and ends. More stuff coming in a month or so.
thanks
Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.