Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 00 rodeo with the 3.2. The heads cracked on it between the cams. I just replaced a 3.5 motor in a 01 Trooper this week that spun the #1 bearing. Now I know the motors are interchangeable as a whole but can I take the heads off the 3.5 and use them on the 3.2 to make a good motor. Any knowledge you can give me would be a great help

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
lastorms said:
I have a 00 rodeo with the 3.2. The heads cracked on it between the cams. I just replaced a 3.5 motor in a 01 Trooper this week that spun the #1 bearing. Now I know the motors are interchangeable as a whole but can I take the heads off the 3.5 and use them on the 3.2 to make a good motor. Any knowledge you can give me would be a great help
YES THEY ARE IDENTICAL, ALL ISUZU REPLACEMENT HEADS FOR THE 98-2003 HAVE THE SAME PT NO. 3.2 -3.5

·
Registered
288 Posts
Will the 3.5 heads give him anymore power?

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
JLEMOND said:
lastorms said:
YES THEY ARE IDENTICAL, ALL ISUZU REPLACEMENT HEADS FOR THE 98-2003 HAVE THE SAME PT NO. 3.2 -3.5
If the heads are identical, then no, since they are the exact same head.

·
Registered
852 Posts
:D Whats different in the 04 3.2 heads? :D Andie

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
HOW can this be????? If the 3.5 has a longer stroke crank than the 3.2
how does it make up for the compresson differences? Is the block
deck height taller? This does not make sence. Please someone
emucate me!

·
Registered
79 Posts
It's probably what turns the 3.2 noninterference engine into the 3.5 interference engine. The longer stroke causes the pistons to encroach the travel space of the valves.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
The crank throws have to be deeper to create a longer stroke, so I would assume the piston rods are shorter so it can work with the same heads. But I'm no expert on this...

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
BigSwede said:
I would assume the piston rods are shorter
You are absolutely correct.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Andrea said:
:D Whats different in the 04 3.2 heads? :D Andie
ANDREA THE ONLY DIFF IN THE HEADS ON THE 04 ,IS FOR THE D.I. ENG , IF THE 04 ENG IS A REGULAR 3.2 ENG IT IS ALL SO A NON INTERFERENCE ENG,

AGAIN ALL ISUZU V6 ENGS

92-2004 3.2 AND 3.5 ARE NON INTERFERENCE ENGS EXCEPT ONE

THE 2004 3.5 D.I. ENG IS AN INTERFERENCE ENG ,

THIS ENG HAS A DIFFERENT PISTON TOP DESIGN THAN THE OTHERS , JERRY

·
Registered
852 Posts
:D Thanks Jerry :D Andie

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
BigSwede said:
The crank throws have to be deeper to create a longer stroke, so I would assume the piston rods are shorter so it can work with the same heads. But I'm no expert on this...
This still does not explane how the compression can be the same.
Assuming it is.

You still have the same size combustion chamber. If the 3.2 is 9 to 1
compression than I assume the 3.5 is close to 10 to 1.

Thoughts?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts