Isuzu SUV Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
lorenzo816 said:
I'm sure you could fab up a thinner adapter and connect a 300 to it but might end up not touching enough of the shaft, at the expense of strength.

good tech though.
This is what I caught

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Gotcha. I thought you were responding to Cronk and was really confused since no adapters are needed. I think there's a factory adapter to fit a D300 to the AX15 since it uses a common bolt pattern. Could be wrong though especially since I've never looked into it.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
The rear output bolt pattern is different than the Ax models.
If you had a burn table and a decent cad. You could fab something up to bolt anything to it, again, the adapter has to be thin but strong enough to take 2 sets of bolts.
Then you are also making the slimming the connection to the output shaft. Doable but I didn't head this route because I wanted some sustainability with parts and not introduce a monkey wrench issue or 'fuse' at this point in the drive line. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have a ar5 4x4 trans in my chevy colorado, looking for a transfer case but in a manual shifter not electric, i was told a transfer case from a trooper or rodeo would bolt directly onto my ar5 as long as it came from a 4l30 auto trans, my ar5 has a 5 bolt tail housing which my t150 transfer case bolts to now, (pictures i have been seeing for rodeos and trooper transfer cases seem to be a 7 bolt oval pattern not like my ar5) maybe the troopers use differnt back half on their ar5?? gm is very limited on 5 bolt manual transfer cases that are passenger side drop, i have been looking into a dana 300 i would have to change the shaft to match my 27 spline output of my ar5 and possible try using an adaptor from novac adaptor they have adjustable clocking bolt patterns but not sure they would line up to a 5 bolt since i think they are actually meant for a 6 bolt setup, any info would greatly be appreciated thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
98+ Troopers for sure and I think the VX but I'm not completely sure on that one. They also came in the GM Canyon/ Colorado trucks, Pontiac Solstice/Sky and Hummer H3. The Solstice/Sky had a remote style shifter as opposed to the trucks which have the top style shifter. All GM versions of the AR5(RPO MA5) have a larger input shaft than the Isuzu. The shaft came be swapped out but will require the transmission to be disassembled. The AR5 is almost a direct swap with the MA5 but will require a special harness to start the vehicle. Jerry will make this harness but need year and vehicle model. The 4l30e t-case will bolt up to the AR5 with no modifications. Per 95 t-cases have no electronics to worry about because SOTF wasnt available until 96.
What bolt pattern is the tcase and ar5 from a isuzu?

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
its the same as the 4l30 front bracket adapter.
Also the 'standard' T case is available up until 97. The sotf up until that year was just the shift fork on the front axle tube.
After 98, there is the push button for 4wd with a unit attached to the case that moves the rail via a worm gear. I have to see the electronics or maybe doug knows if the tcase motor electronics were also sending signals to the shift fork vsv for those 98+ 10 bolts.
I have converted electronic shifting tcases to fully manual however they were going on SAS rigs that didn't have to care about the front axle shift fork anymore.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I can see possibly a dana 300 with an adapter plate made up. How many splines on the ma5 do you have ?
25 or 26?
Or go find the rare adv pkge hummer 4:1 case

41 - 54 of 54 Posts