Isuzu SUV Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
The Bear Jew said:
I live in mauldin, about 7 miles from the middle of downtown greenville. Trooper should be running in a few days. I'd love to meet up with everyone!
I moved from Mauldin Last year to five forks but my office is in brookfield parkway near the new QT off 385 butler road exit... if you see my truck around say hello, but its usually moving faster than everyone else. :lol:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I live here in woodruff the town not the road. Just moved down here from VA about 3 years ago now. Since y'all are all from around here I'm about to get a FM 40 series put on and a new exit for my exhaust on a 2001 rodeo 3.2 was thinking about taking it to Rick's Muffler he said he would do it for $120 y'all know if he does good work seems to have good reviews.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
TrooperJ2 said:
My wife and I are new transplants to Gville. East-side off Roper Mountain Road.

Van just told me about Kurt. Wish I had known before I took my truck to another place to have the head gasket replaced, but you live and you learn. Next time it'll be Certified Import Repair for sure.

Is there a Cars and Coffee type event in Greenville? We oughta have a Zu invasion.

I'm always down for getting together for some Brews or BBQ or something. And my truck also should be out of the shop by next Wednesday, so I'll be good to go for whatever.
-J 8)
heck...sounds like fun....I would be up for a road trip.....coming in from memphis...maybe we could get a meeting from say, tri state area...etc

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey everyone just got my flowmaster 40series installed and a exhaust tip at Ricks muffler in Spartansburg across from Abut Farms he does excellent work and is very professional and polite the Rodeo sounds great and I couldn't recommend a place higher to get your exhaust work done then at Ricks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey i just got my first Isuzu trooper today. i live in Williamston S.C in anderson county. if anyone is near me i sure could use some help.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Congrats! How much of a project is this Trooper?
I've got to get back on my Rodeo project and with the weather hopefully turning cooler (and me not having to keep other vehicles here running) I can make some progress.

-=Doug

·
Registered
31 Posts
Body wise its in descent shape the thrust bearing is shot but I was planning on using a 2.6l block the clutch is brand new installed by the mechanic I bought it from.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Definitely some elbow grease required, but the Gen 1 Troop is my favorite style.
Made me pick through my Rodeo project and try to remember where I left off.
I was working through the battery tray and power harness mess.
The Rodeo has a Trooper V6 and so the guys that swapped the engine took some liberty with authenticity.
A new positive cable assembly is around $150 (OEM) and the new neg harness took months to deliver.
My plan is to add an auxiliary pos block for accessories (if the need arises).

I *really* need to clear out my garage and roll the Rodeo in there... yeah right.

-=Doug

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Going to try an put together a Rendezvous for troopers of the Upstate sometime in late May/ June . Let me know if you'd be interested. I have a friend who owns a first gen trooper as well and owns a restaurant here in Spartanburg I'm going to try to collaborate with. Cold beer, great food a a parking lot full of troopers. Other isuzus welcome too. Let me know if your interested please. Would love to put some faces with names and talk zoos for night.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I'd be down for that.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Is anyone around six mile, SC? I have a lead on a 1st gen there and would love someone to look at for me if possible. I live about 4 hours away and will buy you a beer or a meal for your help!

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Short Round said:
Going to try an put together a Rendezvous for troopers of the Upstate sometime in late May/ June . Let me know if you'd be interested. I have a friend who owns a first gen trooper as well and owns a restaurant here in Spartanburg I'm going to try to collaborate with. Cold beer, great food a a parking lot full of troopers. Other isuzus welcome too. Let me know if your interested please. Would love to put some faces with names and talk zoos for night.
I'm in with about another 2-3 members who would probably show up also.

TrooperChris said:
Is anyone around six mile, SC? I have a lead on a 1st gen there and would love someone to look at for me if possible. I live about 4 hours away and will buy you a beer or a meal for your help!
Hey Chris, I'm about 50 miles away from Six Mile, PM me with some info... thought I saw your old Trooper for sale awhile back in Saluda, NC. :shock:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey all, im about to get my trooper project underway and i want to have it driving by next month, is there anyone in the upstate aria who wants to have a get together? Whether my trooper is driving or not i would enjoy meeting some fellow owners in my area,
Garrett

Reactions: MarcusInMD

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Dirt-Church-raised said:
Hey all, im about to get my trooper project underway and i want to have it driving by next month, is there anyone in the upstate aria who wants to have a get together? Whether my trooper is driving or not i would enjoy meeting some fellow owners in my area,
Garrett
https://www.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic. ... 8&t=134041

·
Registered
84 Posts
Dirt-Church-raised said:
Hey all, im about to get my trooper project underway and i want to have it driving by next month...
Garrett
How's the progress going?
I'm about done with the electrical work under the hood of my Rodeo.
Next big task is doing something with the ancient sun roof. It is gonna to lose the old mechanisms but, I am inclined to put a slightly bigger pop-up type in.
(I hate sunroofs BTW)

-=Doug

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey upstate! Never seen this this stream before. I'm just north of spartanburg. Would love to meet up to talk and compare our rides. Hope to hear from y'all. I've got a lot of parts too!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Just bought my second Trooper. Anyone in the area want to get together soon let me know. Was thinking about going up to Horse pasture trail soon.

Short Round

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Short Round said:
Just bought my second Trooper. Anyone in the area want to get together soon let me know. Was thinking about going up to Horse pasture trail soon.

Short Round
If y"all can wait until it gets a little cooler in late September, I'd be down for that ride. From the videos that I've seen, might have to bring along some gold panning equipment. 8)

21 - 40 of 43 Posts