Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if any of you guys are near me. Would love to get together and talk troopers over a few cold ones or coffee. My trooper should be back on the road next Wednesday. Anyone who wants to get together post here and we will figure out a location and set a date.

SR

·
Registered
721 Posts
My brother Kurt & I are in Spartanburg. He owns Certified Import Repair and is the highly elusive Isuzu Master Technician. There are always assorted Isuzus hanging around at his shop.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Ssiggy,

I actually used your brother for a timing belt job about 12-13 years ago on a 92 integra I used to own. I heard he was a closet Zu Addict earlier from another post. I need to swing by his shop after I get back on the road. I live over on the east side on the back side of Glendale Mill out in the country a ways. Grew up in Ben Avon off of Country Club Rd.

·
Registered
721 Posts
My wife & I are eastsiders from way back. My wife & kids are born & raised in Spartanburg. Did you graduate from SHS? If so, what year. We may know you.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ssiggy,

Graduated in 2000 (young buck)

·
Registered
156 Posts
My wife and I are new transplants to Gville. East-side off Roper Mountain Road.

Van just told me about Kurt. Wish I had known before I took my truck to another place to have the head gasket replaced, but you live and you learn. Next time it'll be Certified Import Repair for sure.

Is there a Cars and Coffee type event in Greenville? We oughta have a Zu invasion.

I'm always down for getting together for some Brews or BBQ or something. And my truck also should be out of the shop by next Wednesday, so I'll be good to go for whatever.
-J 8)

·
Registered
721 Posts
Short Round said:
Ssiggy,

Graduated in 2000 (young buck)
you may know my son, Brad Steinecke

·
Registered
721 Posts
Yep. Kurt's my younger brother. If the last name is Steinecke, in this part of the country. We're all the same family.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Same goes for the name Bocchino

·
Registered
721 Posts
Van said:
Well, I know 2 of ya at least. :roll: :lol:
Van, you know more than that: Kurt, me, Carolyn, Krysten & Luke.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Short Round said:
Just wondering if any of you guys are near me. Would love to get together and talk troopers over a few cold ones or coffee. My trooper should be back on the road next Wednesday. Anyone who wants to get together post here and we will figure out a location and set a date.

SR
I am a Greenville local as well - or at least I do my laundry here :lol: . My truck is actually in service and I drive it to the office occasionally when I am not out of town traveling.

Not exactly a 'Trooper' guy as I much prefer the Montero, but I do like cold beer. :lol:

Reactions: Short Round

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just getting around to saying 'present' in Anderson, SC.

Met up with Van a couple weeks ago for his kind transfer of some washer caps.
Working through my oldest son's 99 Rodeo (will be mine if he finds the title) that has sat mostly abandoned in my driveway for a few years.

2WD, V6. My goal is to get road worthy again and use it for RC model transfer and Ham Radio work.

-=Doug

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I'm not in the upstate but could be! I have been living in the swamps of the lowcountry for 27 years now but born and raised in Greenwood. Was just up last weekend

·
Registered
97 Posts
I live in mauldin, about 7 miles from the middle of downtown greenville. Trooper should be running in a few days. I'd love to meet up with everyone!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Howdy TBJ == I've been sidetracked on my Rodeo rework.

Life does that at various times, but I have been cleaning pulled off sections and collecting new parts for the restore.
Working the project inside is better than dealing with the heat and humidity.

-=Doug

·
Registered
97 Posts
I understand that! I spent 5 days with my fiance in the garage cleaning(she loved that...) before i started the headgasket on my Trooper. Im not man enough to do that job in 90+ lol

1 - 20 of 43 Posts