Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of superwinch hubs on my 2001 Honda Passport. I've noticed that despite polishing/cleaning, the keep developing oxidation or corrosion. Anyone else having problems with this? Solution? I was thinking about painting them. Anyone had any luck with that?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The hubs are definitely not anodized. It's a bare aluminum with maybe a light coat of oil on them. Mine get nasty "chalking" all over them a week after I polish them up.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Selador said:
Big Jay said:
The hubs are definitely not anodized. It's a bare aluminum with maybe a light coat of oil on them. Mine get nasty "chalking" all over them a week after I polish them up.
Were they shiny when you got them ?

If so, did you shine them up right away, or did you wait until they started to corrode ?
Nope. I was messing with the wheel bearings at the time so I pulled them on and off a handful of times. I just cleaned them off, bolted them on.

squatch said:
They are just bare cast aluminum when new. I have clear coated them in the past with a clear coat made for alloy wheels. It's helps some but doesn't hold up to road salt. I painted mine black last fall and so far so good. Just quicky rattle can job.
That doesn't look too bad. I was worried about the paint getting inside the hubs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts