Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know his back surgery was Thursday. Have not heard as to how he was dooing.
He is constantly in our thoughts and prayers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,538 Posts
no idea either...but hope all is well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,859 Posts
I got a text yesterday from Billy Rice that said he got through surgery fine and was supposed to be home in a couple of days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,646 Posts
Hope all went well for him, and best wishes for a speedy recovery!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
774 Posts
Glad hes doing OK, guess he's Isuzu tough. See you at URE in April Jerry, I'll save you the shotgun seat in the oil burner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,560 Posts
I heard from Reran Thursday evening that all is fine. He had spoken to his wife. I suspect he has already been to see him by now.

Godspeed on your recovery Jerry! Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,823 Posts
X2 on reran...he updated us the other day after surgury.....thank you Jerry for all you do 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,509 Posts
Got an email today from him....Still helping other isuzu people!!! What a guy!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,001 Posts
Hope you have a speedy recovery Jerry! Good to hear that you're doing alright.
 

·
Registered
Original owner, 1983 P'up LS (diesel)
Joined
·
2,798 Posts
Spoke with him Saturday, and he was hoping to go home today.

Jack
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,214 Posts
Way Amigo said:
squatch said:
Godspeed on your recovery Jerry! Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
X2
THANKS EVERY ONE FOR YOUR THOUGHT S AND PRAYERS, CAME HOME YESTERDAY, AFTER NOON,

SURGERY WENT GREAT, CAN NOW WALK WITH OUT LEG PAINS NEARLY KILLING ME , ABSOLUTELY NO LEG OR FOOT PAIN, AND FOR THE MOST PART NO BACK PAIN, EXCEPT FOR THE PAIN AROUND THE INCISION, AND I CAN FEEL THAT GETTING BETTER ALL READY, 8 TRIPS FROM ONE END OF THE HOUSE TO THE OTHER IS 1/8 MILE AND THAT IS ABOUT ENOUGH, SO IT IS GETTING BETTER, DOCTOR WAS WELL PLEASE D THE WAY THINGS TURNED OUT, ENOUGH SO THAT HE SAID CALL HIM IN ABOUT 6 WEEKS, UNLESS SOME THING JUST DOESNT FEEL RIGHT. GUY,S THIS IS JUST LIKE ANY THING ELSE WITH THE OLD BODY IF SOME THING DOESNT FELL RIGHT GET IT TAKEN CARE BEFORE IT GETS REAL BAD, ANY WAY THANKS EVERYONE , FOR ALL YOUR THOUGHT, LELAND/RERAN/VAN/MARIO,JOE D.TAD, BIGG POPPA, ERNIE, MIKE, SMILEY, DYLON, BILLY , MARK JESSE AND TABBY, AND ANYONE ELSE I CAINT THINK OF RIGTH NOW PAIN PILLS GOT ME KIND OF GROGGY A LITTLE , YOU GUYS ARE THE GREATEST JERRY
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,284 Posts
JLEMOND said:
THANKS EVERY ONE FOR YOUR THOUGHT S AND PRAYERS, CAME HOME YESTERDAY, AFTER NOON,

SURGERY WENT GREAT, CAN NOW WALK WITH OUT LEG PAINS NEARLY KILLING ME , ABSOLUTELY NO LEG OR FOOT PAIN, AND FOR THE MOST PART NO BACK PAIN, EXCEPT FOR THE PAIN AROUND THE INCISION, AND I CAN FEEL THAT GETTING BETTER ALL READY, 8 TRIPS FROM ONE END OF THE HOUSE TO THE OTHER IS 1/8 MILE AND THAT IS ABOUT ENOUGH, SO IT IS GETTING BETTER, DOCTOR WAS WELL PLEASE D THE WAY THINGS TURNED OUT, ENOUGH SO THAT HE SAID CALL HIM IN ABOUT 6 WEEKS, UNLESS SOME THING JUST DOESNT FEEL RIGHT. GUY,S THIS IS JUST LIKE ANY THING ELSE WITH THE OLD BODY IF SOME THING DOESNT FELL RIGHT GET IT TAKEN CARE BEFORE IT GETS REAL BAD, ANY WAY THANKS EVERYONE , FOR ALL YOUR THOUGHT, LELAND/RERAN/VAN/MARIO,JOE D.TAD, BIGG POPPA, ERNIE, MIKE, SMILEY, DYLON, BILLY , MARK JESSE AND TABBY, AND ANYONE ELSE I CAINT THINK OF RIGTH NOW PAIN PILLS GOT ME KIND OF GROGGY A LITTLE , YOU GUYS ARE THE GREATEST JERRY
Hi Jerry.

Your problem sounds like it was in the lumbar region, same as my fractured vertebra. (I have steel plates in my back, in the lumbar region, because I broke two bones in that area, over a decade ago. Now, I have fractured the vertebra, above the plates.)

When I start getting leg pains, I know I have overdone it. And MAN can they get painful. Hip pains as well, for me.

What kind of surgery did you have ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,214 Posts
Selador said:
JLEMOND said:
THANKS EVERY ONE FOR YOUR THOUGHT S AND PRAYERS, CAME HOME YESTERDAY, AFTER NOON,

SURGERY WENT GREAT, CAN NOW WALK WITH OUT LEG PAINS NEARLY KILLING ME , ABSOLUTELY NO LEG OR FOOT PAIN, AND FOR THE MOST PART NO BACK PAIN, EXCEPT FOR THE PAIN AROUND THE INCISION, AND I CAN FEEL THAT GETTING BETTER ALL READY, 8 TRIPS FROM ONE END OF THE HOUSE TO THE OTHER IS 1/8 MILE AND THAT IS ABOUT ENOUGH, SO IT IS GETTING BETTER, DOCTOR WAS WELL PLEASE D THE WAY THINGS TURNED OUT, ENOUGH SO THAT HE SAID CALL HIM IN ABOUT 6 WEEKS, UNLESS SOME THING JUST DOESNT FEEL RIGHT. GUY,S THIS IS JUST LIKE ANY THING ELSE WITH THE OLD BODY IF SOME THING DOESNT FELL RIGHT GET IT TAKEN CARE BEFORE IT GETS REAL BAD, ANY WAY THANKS EVERYONE , FOR ALL YOUR THOUGHT, LELAND/RERAN/VAN/MARIO,JOE D.TAD, BIGG POPPA, ERNIE, MIKE, SMILEY, DYLON, BILLY , MARK JESSE AND TABBY, AND ANYONE ELSE I CAINT THINK OF RIGTH NOW PAIN PILLS GOT ME KIND OF GROGGY A LITTLE , YOU GUYS ARE THE GREATEST JERRY
Hi Jerry.

Your problem sounds like it was in the lumbar region, same as my fractured vertebra. (I have steel plates in my back, in the lumbar region, because I broke two bones in that area, over a decade ago. Now, I have fractured the vertebra, above the plates.)

When I start getting leg pains, I know I have overdone it. And MAN can they get painful. Hip pains as well, for me.

What kind of surgery did you have ?
HI JEFF IT WAS THE LOWER 3 VERTABRA,NOTHING WAS ACTUALL BROKEN, BUT NOTHING WAS IN PLACE WHERE IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ,
SO WHAT THE DID IS GO IN AND PIN THE LOWER VERT, TO THE 3RD FROM THE BOTTOM AN SORTA TRAPPED THE NO 2 IN THE MIDDLE SO IT COULDNT MOVE A ROUND , AND THEY SCREWED LITTLE PINS IN THRU THE ATTACHING RODS DOC SAID IT WOULD PROB TAKE ABOUT 6 MO FOR THE SURROUNDING BONE TO GROW BACK AROUND THE PINS AND MAKE IT ABOUT AS SOLID AS HE COULD, BUT BY LEAVING THE NO 2 TO WHERE IT CAN MOVE AROUND A BIT I AM NOT SUPPOSED TO LOOSE LOWER MOBILITY, BUT NO MORE LIFTING OF ANYTHING AT ALL OVER 5-6 LBS FOR THE NEXT 2 YEARS , I JUST HOPE HE USED A GOOD THREAD LOCKER ON THOSE LITTLE SCREW .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,854 Posts
Glad to hear you are out of surgery and doing well.

You've got a great family here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So glad you are back home. I know you were just LOVING the hosp. food!!! :lol:
Just drink some of that Catfish Milk I brought you last month. It'll fix 'ya! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
492 Posts
Glad to hear you're doing well Jerry.
Received your package today.
Thank you!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. :)
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top