Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of painting mine. Inside I have blue leds, blue stereo. May get some blue neons for the inside of the hood so I dont need a flashlight. Thinking blue calipers???

Anybody have pics?

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
not on my passport... but I have painted calipers on other vehicles before... a good high temp paint sticks well if you clean the calipers up really well. I usually sand them well and then hit them multiple times with degreaser (paint prep), then a nice bare metal (etching) primer, then high temp paint.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
go down to the bottom of this page that i highlighted and you'll see the ones i did for my trooper.
i used caliper primer and paint, and then i also baked them in the oven. (make sure the wife's not home, it stinks.)
good luck with yours.

cheers, john

http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic ... highlight=

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I vote for power coating, as it's very durable.

dryvr12 said:
Thinking of painting mine. Inside I have blue leds, blue stereo. May get some blue neons for the inside of the hood so I dont need a flashlight. Thinking blue calipers???

Anybody have pics?

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
I painted my fronts using the Duplicolor bcp400 caliper paint they sell at the autoparts store. So far it has held up really well. Cost a little more but worth it in my opinion.

Couple of pics

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cronk
this looks fantastisch
how did you clean/paint the frame and all suspension parts ???
I would love to see my Trooper in that shape (under body)...
cheers
Z

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
I painted mine with the ceramic "refinishers" silver-aluminum color to try to make it factory like. so far it's holding up well and no issues other than the fact that I've covered it in some clay mud now. :D

After some trail riding/6 months later...

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I think I'm going to follow cronk's lead on that when I do the RS. I've got new pads and rotors ready to go. Might be nice to dress up the calipers while I'm at it too.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
VHT caliper paint, no primer, just scuffed and cleaned with acetone. I did this when I did the brakes, so the calipers were new. Really looked good with the indy stainless lines.

Blue and everything.

Trying to find a pic with them on.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
found one, but I'm at the cottage and working with my laptop tethered to my iPhone, the service here is the ****'s and I've only got edge here, not 3G

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I'm not to keen on led's and stuff, I painted mine because too many times have they rusted and looked like hell, the biggest reason is that I was sick of breaking off the bleeder screws, then having to shell out $$ for another rebuilt caliper.

I thought the blue complimented the body color.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
zorang said:
Cronk
this looks fantastisch
how did you clean/paint the frame and all suspension parts ???
I would love to see my Trooper in that shape (under body)...
cheers
Z
Thanks!

As Justwork said, acetone, it cuts grease and grime pretty well. Followed up with good old fashioned soap and water, hitting the rusty spots with sand paper or a wire brush. I rattle canned the area when complete.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts