Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad is interested in a '73 240Z. Just curious what you guys might know about them.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
My step-brother had one. He never could get it to run right, but then again, he wasn't sharpest tool in the drawer either.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Biggest problem areas on the 240Z in no particular order include; The battery tray, rear hatch, rear tail light panel, and the floor reinforcements from the frame rails to the floor pans are all extremely rust prone and I would STRONGLY advise poking it all with a stick and looking hard and well at them. The only other thing worth checking out is the main fuse block under the hood as they are notorious for having issues with age.

Driveline stuff is about the same as any car so I wont go into much detail there.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
At first glance it looks nice but I thought I saw a couple things I would definetely check into closer..
The paint (and maybe its the pics) looks heavy in areas and it looked like overspray on trim..and is that yellow showing in the door jamb near the headliner where the door is rubbing paint off possibly due to a misaligned door? I promise you it never left the factory with a door rubbing the jamb. The motor looks clean, has it been rebuilt? or just painted and dteailed...The aluminum radiator is just a ebay radiator nothing special..The car looks fairly good at first glance but I just get this feeling its a quickie resale car..looked like alot of wave or bondo in the drivers door too...I hope I'm wrong because I think those are really cool cars and if the body is nice and the paint is a quality job and the motor is rebuilt then I would haggle some and I dont think you can find an early 240z and paint it, upholster it, rebuild it and wheels and tires for around 7k...maybe but I doubt it..just look into the items above. I dont know particulars about a Z just basic old car stuff. Good luck..theyre cool..just make sure you get a good one.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I would mostly agree with the above, but as long as it isnt a rust bucket, then I wouldn't be bothered by some poor paint work or bad body work. The rest of the car is complete, and I am amazed at how good that interior looks. Those dashes are almost always ruined unless the car spent a lot of time in a garage. I wonder if this car wasn't a partial restoration.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Looks great and think everything to look for has been said, I will say that I think that car would look sick on some mesh style wheels:

My fav's!

I do like these though too:

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, some mesh's would like sick. I like the mags too though. Have to say, the 240Z's were my favorite of the old gens. Super sleak and sexy.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ramzoom said:
So......do you guys own a Z?????

How did it look???
Sold before I could get to it to look it over. Oh well. :roll:

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
You might try messaging Shabba about it also. He isn't on here much but, he is a big Z guy. He has a cool Neon Green 280Z and is very knowledgeable about them. Not to mention he has a ton of parts too and can probably point you in the direction to find almost anything you need.

He is a great guy and very helpful.

Good Luck!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.