Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not having done a heater core.. I was looking for advice on pulling mine a a 92 Trooper 3.2 v6
Anyathing to watch for or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Di I need to pull the dash and what about the AC?

thanks

bennett

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Dont know how much they changed, but I just got through replacing the core on my 89. I followed the manuals advise and pulled the dash, unbolted the heater unit from the firewall. I was able to work it back just far enough to get the old core out and the new one in without unhooking it from the A/C ducting.

All in all, not a complicated job, just time consuming and a general pain in the butt. Best advise, just take your time, dont lose anything, and try not to break anything. I broke one of the little plastic control levers and had to hit three junk yards before I found one 25 miles away.

Luck with it.

Jim

·
Registered
188 Posts
Did mine you have to take the dash out, you will need to lower the steering column to get the dash out, not hard just takes time it took me about 8 hrs. good luck

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Did'nt have to lower the colum on mine. Was a little tight getting it back in, but it went.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have an 88 and a 93 trooper on my 93 i had to lower the steering column, good to know on the 88 i won't have to when the time comes to do it, but i think were talking about an 92 not a early trooper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts