Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
LOLZ!!!!!

But in all seriousness, what the heck do you mean by "black pizzacutters"?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure after that, but on my 89 TrooperII wheels are 15x7 wheels with 6wide slats,I don't think tey're snow flakes,but I thought I saw on a tread some where these where pizzacutters! But you did give me what I asked for!!! rfol thanks

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
ha ha.
OK
"Pizza Cutters" refers to tall & skinny tiers. Has nothing to do with the rimss, exept to be able to run pizza cutters, they have to be on fairly narrow rims. ( 6" to 8" wide rims)
:wink:

·
Registered
337 Posts
The rims you have rattletrap are 6" wide not 7". Here is a pic of some "pizza cutters" 33x10.5/15 on 7" wide snowflakes and 33x9.5/15 on same 6" wide rims you have. 8)

·
Registered
150 Posts
West Coast Trooper said:
The rims you have rattletrap are 6" wide not 7". Here is a pic of some "pizza cutters" 33x10.5/15 on 7" wide snowflakes and 33x9.5/15 on same 6" wide rims you have. 8)

What Up Beautiful British Columbia???? LOL

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
You have these right?

Or these.

They are both ALLOY wheels. The "pizza cutters" are very skinny tires. I have seen a few people paint the alloys black, and it does look good. l can't find the picture, but someone painted them black and each of the "wedges" were painted red on the inside. It looked really good.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The top ones,and yeah thats exactly what I was thinking,blach/w red accents..do they have a name though,not snowflakes but ? or are they just alloys , just trying to get the right lingo,I sound newbie enough!! :)

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I refer to them as first gen LS wheels. May have came on other models, may not have been on all LS's but people will generally know what you are talking about when referred to as such.
When I got my LS I thought the first thing I would change was those wheels, hated them but they've kind of grown on me where I like them now. Trying to think of the members name that posted some pictures of his dads LS wheels all polished up...not too bad.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well mine are kinda dull,how or what would u clean them with,they have been used on a farm ,and kind got a red clay stain,and yellowish hue,i really like them to be shiney,but was just trying to see pics of them painted black.and how do you get center caps off,do they just kinda pop off,or do you have to pull wheel? thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
If you pull the wheel off you can unscrew the center cap from behind. To clean them some people use "aircraft stripper"

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
If you decide to repaint them, Duplicolor makes a paint they accualy call "Wheel Paint"!
I dont know what the heck is in that stuff, but when it dries, it seems to be tough as nails!
Guess well see how long it will stay that way. BigSwede painted his steel rims with it and I KNOW he will put them to the durability test! :lol:
BTW: I love the 1st gen LS wheels. Very masculine & tough looking. Looks WAY better than a lot of the "sissy rims" (not my words) that some of the really late stuff came out with! :p

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks younggun,I thought my 89 stock trooper wheels were called pizzacutters,like the ones in top picture above,was looking for a pic of those style wheels, but now that u,and acoupla of others have straighten me out! :) lol but thanks of the pics like the front and rear bumpers on your trooper!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts