·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maryland Meet anyone?

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Sounds Great. I am in Severn, Squatch is in Westminister and Medic is in Rockville.

I know of only two places to wheel in MD: the beach at Assateague Island ($90 for an annual OVS permit and $30 for an annual park pass) and Greenridge park near Handcock (free).

Two other options are GWNF near Harrisonburg VA (free) and Rousch Creek north of York PA ($15 annual membership fee plus $35 per day for the truck and driver plus $7 per day for each passenger).

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice..

looks like your only about 18 miles from me.

i know a few "local spots " not so legal but fun to ride..

·
Registered
101 Posts
No illegal spots!

I'm in York, PA so depending on if and when this happens I might be there. Hoping to get a lot done with my Rodeo in the next 1-2 months before I can go have fun and possibly break something. :D

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i heard that lol

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
I'll throw a feeler out. I'm thinking labor day weekend at GWNF. I have a long weekend (4day) off again. Wasn't going to post it up till closer to the date because it's kinda hectic for myself and hack both right now. Wanted to be in a little better position to know for sure 1st. but keep the date in mind. Might be able to do a spur of the moment trip to Greenridge for a day or so before then.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
squatch said:
I'll throw a feeler out. I'm thinking labor day weekend at GWNF. I have a long weekend (4day) off again. Wasn't going to post it up till closer to the date because it's kinda hectic for myself and hack both right now. Wanted to be in a little better position to know for sure 1st. but keep the date in mind. Might be able to do a spur of the moment trip to Greenridge for a day or so before then.
That sounds good. A day trip to Greenridge and a weekend at GWNF. :lol:

·
Registered
179 Posts
I may be down for a meet up somewhere too. I'm outside of College Park.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds good everyone

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
twilson, are you sure you can take your truck off the pavement??

Looks too clean to me... :lol:

It reminds me of Cronk's rodeo... BEFORE he rolled it! You could have eatin off that thing.

Just kidding you. I am in for GWNF for Labor day weekend. If you guys want to do a day trip before then just let me know. Squatch and Hack know how to get in touch with me.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ant that the truth tho.

I need to get a lift and tires, but maybe before labor day it will be ready for off payvement lol

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
twilson said:
I need to get a lift and tires, but maybe before labor day it will be ready for off payvement lol
Naw, wheel it stock to start with. The only thing you need to do is learn your trucks limits. Once you find where you have problems then you will know what to put money into.

For where we usually go in GWNF you are just fine running bone stock.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wheel all the time I just take it slow and cruise. It actually did better than a stock jeep believe it or not. But yeah I've had her stuck many times lol. But that's good advice. Thank you

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Of course it did better than a stock jeep it's a Trooper.

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
How about Green Ridge? But honestly. I'm down for another GWNF. THere is nothing like climbing up the mountain and that straight away through the forrest at 60mph. I had such a blast in squatches trooper. I will never forget that day, especially when we were listening to 38 Special and the drifts he was attemping :p

·
Registered
745 Posts
any chance I could tag along? I shouldn't be far from any of you guys. I am also close to Rausch Creek, so I could be down for that, too.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Medic, you should have hung around for that rally run to the top of the mountain to watch the sunset. It was a blast!

Depends on the weekend whether I am in or not. Work is picking up quick both my day job and my handyman business. Right now I am booked through August. If we do GWNF then I can do it a weekend that I have my daughter. She hasn't been camping in a while.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I could be up for Labor Day. I won't have the boys and I will have only been back from our backpacking expedition in Colorado for a week. So I might be wiped out and chilling at home and catching up on work instead.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Count me out for Labor Day weekend... I'll be in Richmond for my 1st Nascar race. Don't let that stop you guys though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts