Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hey guys. I have a Trooper project that will be coming north at some point. I'm in Warwick, RI. '86 two-door waiting for me in Georgia.

·
Registered
Original owner, 1983 P'up LS (diesel)
2,743 Posts
A few years ago, Jerry did some work and/or provided parts for a full restoration of a diesel P'up in that area. I can't remember which state it was. Maybe he can fill us in on the details.

Jack

·
Registered
107 Posts
JoeIsuzu said:
A few years ago, Jerry did some work and/or provided parts for a full restoration of a diesel P'up in that area. I can't remember which state it was. Maybe he can fill us in on the details.

Jack
Hey Jack, I've spoken with Jerry a few times and ordered parts from him. Unfortunately, he said he's just not able to do the level of work I need, which amounts to resuscitating a Trooper that's been parked for 10 years. I was hoping he could recommend someone else in the area but he didn't have much good to say about shops in GA.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
RhodyM20 said:
Hey Jack, I've spoken with Jerry a few times and ordered parts from him. Unfortunately, he said he's just not able to do the level of work I need, which amounts to resuscitating a Trooper that's been parked for 10 years. I was hoping he could recommend someone else in the area but he didn't have much good to say about shops in GA.
I don't understand. This topic is about Isuzu drivers in the Connecticut area. I was replying to "box of chocolates", who started the topic.

I'd respectfully suggest you start a new topic with your own question, and let's stick to the subject that the original poster started with.

Jack

·
Registered
107 Posts
JoeIsuzu said:
RhodyM20 said:
I don't understand. This topic is about Isuzu drivers in the Connecticut area. I was replying to "box of chocolates", who started the topic.

I'd respectfully suggest you start a new topic with your own question, and let's stick to the subject that the original poster started with.

Jack
Wow, you sound pleasant. I live in Rhode Island and spend plenty of time in CT. My Trooper is in Georgia. You mentioned after my comment that Jerry had done some work on a P'up "in that area." I commented that I've been in touch with him and bought some parts for my restoration.

If you're indicative of the community here in New England, I hope we never meet. Have a lovely day. :D

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
RhodyM20 said:
JoeIsuzu said:
RhodyM20 said:

Jack
Wow, you sound pleasant. I live in Rhode Island and spend plenty of time in CT. My Trooper is in Georgia. You mentioned after my comment that Jerry had done some work on a P'up "in that area." I commented that I've been in touch with him and bought some parts for my restoration.

If you're indicative of the community here in New England, I hope we never meet. Have a lovely day. :D
I really tried to be as polite as possible with that. Other forums can be pretty vicious about thread-jacking. Yes, you hijacked the topic (I assume UNintentionally, when you assumed my post was in reply to yours--but you hadn't actually even asked a question in your earlier post, which WAS on topic). Now I'm the bad guy for trying to respect the original poster.

I really didn't intend to be offensive to you or anyone. It's too easy to misconstrue people's feelings online, and I'd like to write this off as a misunderstanding. I'll be as clear as possible: I hope we DO meet. If you find yourself in my part of the country, I'd gladly buy you lunch and would love to see your 'Zu.

And I'm not in New England. I was just trying to give the original poster a lead on a fellow Isuzu driver from that area.

Jack

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm in Stamford, CT.

·
Registered
205 Posts
On the road? What's that mean? I'm down in Stamford but I've got to put in an o-ring or two in the injection pump before I'm back "out on the road."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.