Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ripped off the Amigo tyre cover, and found that the previous owner has considerately installed anti-theft bolts, but has not left the socket with which to remove said bolt. Any ideas? Easy way to do it, or just take it down to a garage and get them to rip it off?

·
Registered
478 Posts
A friend of mine had these on his car when he got it. We decided to just go to autozone and get one of the cheapest sockets we could find in the size that we needed, and cut it up to make it into the key that we needed. Maybe yours arent the same, but its an idea... :wink:
-J :wink:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Toff_The_Toffee said:
Just ripped off the Amigo tyre cover, and found that the previous owner has considerately installed anti-theft bolts, but has not left the socket with which to remove said bolt. Any ideas? Easy way to do it, or just take it down to a garage and get them to rip it off?
go to garage
its very difficult operation - remove antitheft bolts without damage (wheel)

·
Registered
280 Posts
I had this problem when my key got stripped.

Go to a tire store. They'll hammer what amounts to an open socket over it and then take it off with the air gun. Not elegant, but it works.

They took all 4 of mine off in less than an hour.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.