Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got my 94 trooper i had a bad brake master cylinder. No problemo ... i replaced the master and now, i have brakes. But now i have a anti lock light on , on my dash. How do i fix that... Also part2 ...my a/c does not work. when i turn it on,my fan blows but no cool air. the compressor does not kick on either

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
Most ppl fix ABS issues by pulling the ABS fuse and taking the bulb out of the dash LOL. Isuzu never got ABS right. Might have some air in the ABS unit. You need to pull the ABS fuse and have the engine running when you bleed the brake system.

A/C probably has a leak. Need to have a shop do a leak check, fix the leak, pull a vacuum on the system, then refill it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
A/C - Check the pressure on the compressor on the LOW side. If its low then add a stop leak or add UV dye to the system.

If it isn't low.. Well, manually jump the compressor and see if that blows cold air for you. If it does then it's an electrical problem somewhere

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
ABS sucks. I'm glad my ABS light is on. That means, no ABS.

·
Registered
347 Posts
reggaerider said:
HA LOL mudslut u pulled all abs couplers....well thats an idea . Ok nathan ur take on the A/C sounds more up my alley... thanx
Good luck! I know I spent countless hours researching everything there is about the a/c system in these vehicles. Well.. 6 months later (after giving up multiple times) I had a/c again!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok nathan....i took ur advice, and i put some stop leak with freon. and she fired right up. But the its not as cold as i would like....it was 101 here in central texas and i took the wife and kids for a ride around the neighbor hood and they said it was cooling well... not sure of the characteristics of this a/c system and maybe its a older system. So i will monitor it . But thanx guyz

·
Registered
347 Posts
reggaerider said:
ok nathan....i took ur advice, and i put some stop leak with freon. and she fired right up. But the its not as cold as i would like....it was 101 here in central texas and i took the wife and kids for a ride around the neighbor hood and they said it was cooling well... not sure of the characteristics of this a/c system and maybe its a older system. So i will monitor it . But thanx guyz
There's a few things you can look for...

Stop and go driving around town isn't going to blow as cold of air as highway driving, especially in older a/c systems.

Does your a/c get cooler the higher the RPM?

Does your condenser fan work?

Try taking her on the highway and see how cold the air gets.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Condensor fan hmmmmm i didnt see one ,only the radiator fan is what i saw. ok ill have 2 go and see.... well as the truck sits in my drive the air coming out is not impressive. But when i drive it i notice it getting a little cooler . Also like i said its 101 around these parts. But condensor fan is the new word 4 today..... :lol:

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
Condenser fan is the electric one that sits in front of the radiator/condenser behind the grill. I dont know about troopers but on 2nd gen rodeos, 5 speeds didnt have a condenser fan. I got one from an automatic rodeo and spliced in all the wiring etc to add one to mine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
NEWS FLASH !!!!! no condensor fan on a 94 trooper 3.2 ....so i c y the a/c does not blow as cold standing still as when its driving. Now should I put one in ?????? Is it beneficial....I think it is . So what year trooper came with condensor fan set up....or how can I get this 2 work, help plzzz

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
Seems to have helped on my rodeo. The a/c will actually kick back on while idling (usually shuts off when stopping). You need the fan, pressure switch, wiring, relay socket and fuse blade from inside the fuse box in the engine compartment. I had to run 1 wire from the wiring behind the interior kick panels (not sure which) because on the rodeo the wire where it connects doesnt exit on the 5 speeds.

You will need to evacuate the refrigerant to swap the pressure switch. Then have a vacuum pulled on it and recharged.

Thats all if you want it to work automatically like factory. I prefer it that way so it looks and acts stock. You could just get the fan the wire it to a relay and switch to turn on manually when stopped. Can get old really quick though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gizmo why dont i just wire ,it too the on off switch 4 the a/c its self so when i turn the system on the fan comes on .when the power to the a/c is cut the fan is cut. Sounds simple enough 2 me what do you think

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.