Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my '00 Rodeo LS 2WD about 3 weeks ago. I had gone to the (Isuzu) dealer with every intention of buying a Blazer but test drove the Rodeo on a whim... for the same price as the '02 Blazer (4WD with no other options, not even a rear window defogger) I got a LOADED 'Zu and so far I have no regrets whatsoever.

For now, I plan on keeping it fairly stock but I'm sure I'll be making some modifications (such as a 2-3" lift at some point or another).

In the meantime I do have a quick question and an opservation...

The question: Realistically, how big of a load can I tow? My "other car" is a Suburban with a 350 V8 so weight has never been an issue....

The observation: At VA Beach for vacation over spring break, the first day my wife hit a 'road hazard' and I got to use the tire changing kit for the first time. The shoulder was pretty sandy (at the beach, go figure) and the small-footprint bottle jack sank into the sand, probably at the rate of half an inch for every inch of lift.

I have since added a 6" wide by 1/4" thick scrap metal plate that I, um, procured from work, to keep with the jack in case I ever encounter a similar situation.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you,
Mike

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
welcome aboard or welcome to the board- glad you bought the Rodeo over that 4.3L POS. Is your truck an Automatic? figuring about 99.9% of all 2wd LS are, you should be able to safely tow 3000 lbs. This isnt no small blcok chevy motor, thats for sure. I think the truck is rated at 4500 auto and 2500 Manual, but i wont recommend maxing it out. Personally, i think towing on anything but a full size, is not a good idea.
glad you joined
Ron

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.