Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.....I sold my big 71 ford truck unwillingly and now I have this little 92 Rodeo for $900 (will post pics soon) had it 2 days and took it wheeling man this thing is fun more agile and cheaper on lifts and tires etc... then my beefy ford. Its my fist IFS it already has a 3 inch body lift and I want a 3 inch suspention lift. Here is my question Ive found only 2 options the one from Independent4x and Calmini the one for Calmini comes with control arms and the one from Independent4x dosnt the one and there is about a $100 to $200 DIF Im not really worried about the money but really which is better? Should I buy the kit from Inde which I like the shocks better and then buy the Calmini control arms :?: Why dosnt the Inde kit come with control arms. Ive also read the Calmini control arms (and shims) fix camber problems with a lift wont an aliment do the same also I think with the Calmini you have to swap the ball joint. If anyone has used 1 or both of these products or used other products your help would be great! Here is the links to the 2 lifts im looking at!

http://www.pureisuzu.com/91-97_3_lift.htm

http://www.independent4x.bigstep.com/it ... ID=1140056

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'd say get the Indy lift for the better shocks because I don't like how my Calmini shocks ride, but consider that the Calmini control arms cost almost half as much as the entire kit.

With the Indy kit you flip the ball joints and add in the ball joint spacers that are included to correct the camber like the Calmini arms do.

Most people will say you don't need or won't want stiffer torsion bars unless you have a winch and winch bumper.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx I will go with the INDE kit but will probly go with the one with the torsion bars cause I will get a winch and bumper I just dont know when.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.