Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well they called for snow here in NB last weekend, so I figured it was about time to put the Camaro away for the year. I was determined not to take the bus all winter, so I found myself a beater to run for a few months, a base model Isuzu Hombre in rough shape. I spent all day driving around trying to find this guys house, but even the locals had never heard of the street. I ended up passing a nice looking Trooper Limited about 5 times while I was driving around. I just looked at it and figured the guy selling it must be asking alot more then I had for it. I get to the Hombre, and discovered there was a rust hole in the back of the frame big enough to put my fist through, not something I am equipped to deal with. I was on my way home dissapointed and I though I might as well knock on the door of the guy selling the Trooper. He walked all around it with me, showing off the heated leather seats, wipers on the headlights, it was loaded. He then told me everything that was wrong with it, the A/C doesn't work, the dome light is missing a lightbulb, and the cassette deck didn't work. He told me that he only used synthetic oil, had all the fluids changed before they were due, put new BF Goodrich tires on it 2 months ago, and even had it inspected last week. Then he told me the price; I decided I couldn't pass it up. I just picked it up today, and spent the day driving around. I unfourtanetly forgot to take pictures before it got dark.

I'm planing on just cleaning it up for now (although there isn't much to do). She needs a new set of fog lights, and there's a dime sized patch of surface rust on the back door. I'll probably put a new stereo in it in the next week or two, and eventually a sub woofer in the back. Right now everything is stock, I'm thinking about doing a modest lift (2 or 3") over Christmas break. I do want to throw a bullbar or brush guard on it too, I haven't decided if I'm going to make it myself or not yet. I don't offroad much right now, so it'll be just something to put some lights on, and make sure that the other car takes most of the damage when it gets backed into in the parking lot. On the other hand if it holds up well this winter I might throw some serious offroad parts at it this summer, I just don't want to get using it as a trail rig and trash it.

I'll post some pics tomorrow if anyone's interested (Actually I'll do it anyway). I'd apologise for making this so long, but I figure if you guys are reading in the Introductions section you're looking for something to read :p I'm looking forward to a lot of fun with this Trooper!

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Nice looking trooper!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So far I've got the fog lights in, washed and waxed everything, undercoated the bottom, welded a new bumper bracket, painted all the windshield wipers, and painted the spare tire holder. More pics to come!

·
Registered
26 Posts
IMG_0077.JPG

I think I might paint the front and rear bumpers when the weather gets better, and I'll be putting a push bar on the front soon. The hood release cable snapped, it's temporarily rigged up but I'll have to weld the skid plate back on next time I'm home.
IMG_0080.JPG

IMG_0079.JPG

25 CM of snow a few days ago, I managed to have some fun before the plows arrived!

IMG_0114.JPG

Didn't have to shovel a thing too! These trucks really will go anywhere!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Damn I want your Trooper. Trades-ies?

:lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts