Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/16/ma ... p=trending :roll:

Seriously, how come NYC's ridiculous handgun laws have not been overturned by the supreme court yet? This guy was even trying to follow NYC's ridiculous laws by checking his gun, and he still gets busted, whereas if he'd just kept his mouth shut they never would have known. So much for rewarding honesty. Not allowing someone with a legally owned handgun in another state or even in New York state, to carry it into or through NYC without going through months of red tape and bureaucracy to get a special NYC permit, that you may never be granted, sure seems to meet the definition of "infringed" to me.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
new jersey and connecticut are even worse than new york, for that and other reasons, including highest taxes in the country, highest fuel price, worst trafic and probably the largest ammount of illegals per capita in the country, is why im moving the hell out of here, south carolina here i come....

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
tonnydoodles said:
new jersey and connecticut are even worse than new york, for that and other reasons, including highest taxes in the country, highest fuel price, worst trafic and probably the largest ammount of illegals per capita in the country, is why im moving the hell out of here, south carolina here i come....
Worse than that. Connectthedots is full of Wall Street types. The worst criminals of all! :bom:

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Fox spun that story. The Empire State building has security that you must go through. Not much different than the airport. All post 911 stuff. They have these in most major museums and tourist attractions anymore. Had he not checked it, they would have found it anyway. Personally, I think the guy should have known better. Live and lean. The security were doing their job, you can't fault them for that. Hopefully he'll get off with a slap on the wrist.

As for guns in New York, in New York people get in fist fights over cabs, do you really want them packing heat? One missed shot and the chances of someone else getting hit is pretty high! But then again, New York is about as far off kilter as you can get when it comes to any form of civility. Everyone is in a rush, they're rude as hell and don't seem to give a damn about their fellow human beings. But what would you expect for a city were nearly 20 million people live? Hell, I saw a dog take a crap on a sidewalk when I was there. Not because he wanted to but because he had to. I swear I was the only one who noticed. I guess I was just a crazy guy laughing hysterically at a dog pooping on the sidewalk but it was funny, at least to me....... Jersey, I'm there now, I can't agree with Tonnydoodles enough. All I can say is that my hat's off to you guys who live on the East Coast.

One thing is for sure, I'll bet that incident really screwed up that guy's vacation.......

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I still don't get it. The guy was trying to do the right thing within the spirit of the law. He had a legal firearm, and CFP honored in most states, as a tourist he probably didn't even realize he was in violation of any NYC laws. (Honestly who here can say that they take the time to check all the laws and ordinances of their destination city when they go on vacation?) When he realized he was entering a firearms prohibited area he tried to do the right thing and check it with security. BAM! 3 and a half years in prison :roll:

The man is not a criminal, he's the victim of a ridiculous unconstitutional city ordinance, which by it's very nature of being contrary to 95% of the rest of the country is tantamount to entrapment. If I where in his shoes, I'd find the support and funds to fight this all the way to the Supreme Court.

This issue is just part of the bigger problem really, the gun laws in places like NYC and Chicago are in blatant violation of the 2nd amendment. Whether New Yorkers want to carry guns or not is irrelevant, the constitution grants them that right, and places like NYC choose to ignore that.

As for Cronk's implication that more guns= more crime... sorry but that is just flat wrong. Look at the statistics, the assault weapon** ban expired in 2004, and gun sales starting in early 2008 have skyrocketed tremendously, so I guess that means murders and violent crime must have skyrocketed too huh? Hmmm funny thing, the murder rate from 2004-2010 (last data available) actually dropped 10.5% to a 45 year low. Is this because more people have guns? Who knows, correlation of course does not equal causation. BUT is certainly proves that more guns does NOT equal more crime.

Certainly the implication that hot tempered New Yorkers will just start shooting people willy-nilly as soon as they are allowed their constitutional right to bear arms is ludicrous. The people in NYC who want to shoot people already have guns, and are already shooting people... because being criminals by nature they really don't give a flying poop what the law says.

Also I don't believe it's a coincidence that the European country with the lowest crime rate by far, happens to be the same one where every adult male has a government issue firearm.

(**assault weapon is BTW a completely misleading term manufactured by the Brady Bill people)

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Sags is right on this. No state or local government should be able to restrict Second Amendment rights. The Feds won't let individual states decide on medical marijuana use they shouldn't let states deny law abiding citizens their Constitutional rights.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
He's lucky he didn't get pulled over in NJ with it! lol

Upstate NY is a little different than Manhattan guys. Even with a CWP in New York state, you still cannot have one in New York City Metro. Like NorCal and SoCal which could be split into two states, upstate NY and Manhattan/Long Island are two different states.

With my PA CWP I couldn't carry over into NY which was annoying because I lived on the border and had actually been mugged once when my buddy's car broke down.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Ny city is packed with animals, and the even if they place all this ridiculous gun laws the animals with the intent to commit a crime will get guns one way or the other, what they need to do in this case is to use common sense and just let this guy go,the nypd is one of the worst police forces on the nation, poorly trained, underpaid, downright gung ho dangerous, for god sakes I've seen cops in ny city that barely spoke English.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Upstate New York is not great either on this. Back in the 80's I was at a range in USNY with a friend. We were thrown off the range for firing each others rifles. You were only allowed to shoot your own weapon. This was at an outdoor range and we were the only ones there for the most part.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Where did I say more guns more crime? They'll fight with their bare fists, you don't get any more basic than that.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Thomas Jefferson said:
If you outlaw guns, only the outlaws will have guns.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
man the gun laws are rediculous! i had to read up on all kinds of stuff with reciprocity since i buy a good deal of firearms from diff states. some states you cant have loaded mags others you cant drive through concealed, some you have to have the mag in one end of car and gun in another and mag empty. i mean come on!!!!!

all laws are now adays seem to just Milk the working class.

i highly advise getting the utah permit for you gun toters. look into it! its a non-residential license and over 34 states recognize it.

my gun never and i mean never leaves my side and ankle. Period! i will be judged by 12 than carried by 6. Sorry my life is worth more than some stupid A-- trying to hurt someone,me or stealing someone elses stuff. I can live with the punishment if i save mine or someone elses life. and those people that are on the wrong side of the law on everything and put people at risk, thats why i PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE! esp when your clothes change over the seasons you need to know how to acquire that weapon and minimize any collateral damage chances there may be when that time arises.

read into the utah permit. for those of you who travel. the class is 8 hrs and well worth every penny!!!!!

http://www.utahbcicertifiedinstructor.com/

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
$90.00 bux and i still have all the book you need to read in class. my brother has that permit it as well...........def a wise investment.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts