Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which way, and how did you wire for an amp in the cargo area. i dont know weather to go down the side or through the console and under the carpet. i would like to do this as easily but as professional as possible....and ideas?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
in my rodeo, i ran the power from the battery, through the engine bay, through the firewall, behind the kick panels, under the door jams and through the back seat. then the rca cables from the radio down the passenger side in the same way. no wires visible in the cabin.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you have a newer model, it's on the driver's side just above and to the left of the brake pedal. I just ran my wiring to the back and couldn't get that plate off to save my life. Even with an air chisel that bitch didn't budge. So I just wound up running it through a rubber grommet and making sure it was sealed up. Power down the driver's side and RCA's down the passenger side. I have done quite a few installs and this was by far one of the trickiest to run wires for. THough if you don't have the power seats it would probably make your job a bit easier. There's no room whatsoever to run speaker wire for the components going in soon...so those will probably have to go up the middle of the car. Just be creative and make sure you have plenty O wire...anything smaller than 4ga and you won't have too much of a problem.

Obviously im new here, though I feel like I already know a lot after having so much of the interior torn apart this weekend. Pictures coming up soon 8)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I live in VA BEACH and stationed at Little Creek.
I didn't put an amp in but I have a 10 disc cd changer in the back. I ran the cables down the drivers side under the door jams and carpet. Then ran my cables to the changer right next to the tire hump in the back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.