Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it has been discussed probably ad nauseum but I cant find it of the nausea...
I have a 92 amigo and want to CHANGE the exhaust plumbing that is stock.
I don't mind a cat (Magnaflow makes a good free flow one)
but looking at the existing systemm it seems very overdone.
Has anyone "replumbed" an Amigo with something that is more straight forward?
If it has been done are there any pics?

·
Registered
207 Posts
ebgbz said:
I know it has been discussed probably ad nauseum but I cant find it of the nausea...
I have a 92 amigo and want to CHANGE the exhaust plumbing that is stock.
I don't mind a cat (Magnaflow makes a good free flow one)
but looking at the existing systemm it seems very overdone.
Has anyone "replumbed" an Amigo with something that is more straight forward?
If it has been done are there any pics?
I have a 1989 Amigo and yes its a very overdone exhaust system.
I dont have pictures yet, but just go to your local muffler shop and tell them what you want done. Cut off all the exhuast from the down pipe back and have them run new inch and half or two inch pipe(whatever you want) i dont know if you want it to pass smog(if your state requires that)so that would determine if you put a CAT back on...I plan to just go from the down pipe, run the exhaust over all crossmember for clearance reasons, to a muffler, then to the *** end of the rig.....its really whatever you want to do....so yes you can re-plum the exhaust, and any reputable shop would be able to help you to do it :D

·
Registered
423 Posts
I had a 1990 amigo that I had redone the exhaust years ago. Ran the cat and muffler right down the drivers side. Bump your pipe to 2 1/4 inches, that seems to be the right size pipe for these motors, any larger and all of your power will drop off.

Scott

·
Registered
129 Posts
just a side note, while the isuzu may not be this way, i know that some vehicles, if you delete the cat you'll get a CEL if you make some modifations to the rear o2 sensor.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
That's only OBD2 cars.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
I'm reviving this thread as I just took on a 1992 Amigo as a project and am trying to sort out the exhaust line (which is basically a bastardized mess at the moment). I've seen the diagram of what the factory setup is and saw what it looks like a few months back on a Trooper RS, but would love to come up with something that runs straight back on the driver's side like on my first generation Troopers. It sounds like this has been done this successfully, does anyone by chance have any pictures or even a rough sketch?

Thanks in advance!

Shaggy

·
Registered
207 Posts
so, you bought that Red Amigo for $500 I take it. Superman was gonna get it but you must have snatched it first.

·
Super Moderator
2,353 Posts
I can get you pics tomorow, mine goes straight back.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
So does mine, but I'll be redoing it this spring. On the first-gen Amigo it's almost a completely straight shot right back.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
@ Gen1 - yeah, we pounced on it pretty quick. :)

@ mud and Apeiron - I would very much like to see how yours look. I spent a little time underneath the truck and it seemed like it would be feasible, but would nice to see the exact positioning of the parts. Feel free to PM or email me if that's easier. Thanks so much!

Shaggy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts