Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Um, pull real hard.

Some heat from a hairdryer from the back side would help get the glue hot and maybe release a bit better. Don't use a heat gun unless you want to repaint that area.

Why do you want to remove it?

Joe

·
Registered
389 Posts
gentle heat is good. IF the decal has been on there for a very long time, it may be brittle and a pain to get off. In this case, a very sharp razor blade and being VERY careful not to gouge the paint works well. Basically, you use the razor blade just to lift the decal off the paint, but like I said, be very careful, otherwise you will be using touchup paint.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Is it a decal or an emblem? My passport is a plastic emblem. It would come off easily if I wanted it to.

A sticker is another thing altogether. Just peel it off and use some goo gone or WD40 to remove the adhesive.

Joe

·
Registered
591 Posts
Yes, WD40 is an awesome goo-gone. Cleans your hands nice in a pinch too.

Joel

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
bug spray also works - (and does a bang up job of removing tree sap from your hands like nothing else!)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I want it off because it's just a cheap sticker, and not an actual emblem. I've thought of the hairdryer method, but was hoping for something that is less tedious. would much prefer a chemical that would make it fall off in five minutes. I notice that goo gone stuff doesn't work on plastic decals. More suggestions, keep them coming. please...

·
Registered
135 Posts
I removed an ugly "4x4" sticker from the rear side panel of my sister's 2000 Rodeo. Not sure if it was a dealer addon or from the factory- it was huge!

I tried a hair dryer, but it didn't budge-- this thing was fused on there. So I got a can of Goo Gone and a plastic body filler spatula. The body filler spatula won't scratch the paint, and I just saturated the sticker with the removal fluid. After a few moments, it stubbornly began to flake off. Patience, grasshopper.

I made sure to occasionally rinse the whole panel off with water just in case the Goo Gone wasn't as paint-friendly as advertised, then began the process over again. Once the decals were off, there was a slight "ghost". Some polishing compound and good wax made it nearly indetectible.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
okay Magnificent_Bastard, that is the funniest avatar i have ever seen

1 - 12 of 12 Posts