Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever try this? I'm thinking a Ford 302 or small Chevy V8 engine might fit in there. What kinds of mods would need to be done to accomodate this swap? Would the stock rear end handle the torque of a V8? Would I need to replace the transmission as well?

Just toying with this idea.

·
Registered
7,587 Posts
im stuffing a 350 v8 in my 92 Pup and it fits well. The onyl differences from the Rodeo and the Pup frame is the front suspension. The Rodeo has more room underneath. Im running a gm 700R4 automatic 4 speed trans, the predicesor to the 4L60E trans, no computer shifting on the 700R4. Its alot of work to do and may not be worth the aggrivation. good luck

·
Registered
82 Posts
The stock rear, regardless if it is the Dana 44 or the Isuzu 12-bolt, would handle it no problem.

Good Luck and better have a lot of time and $$$$. Not a quick swap by any means. In theory almost any motor will fit into that bay but you need to think about motor location, drivetrain layout, drive shafts, and a host of other details.

However anything is possible with the right amount of ambition, $$$, time, and skill.

Craig

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.