Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the Rough Country website today because I am looking for a lift for another truck. Anyways, saw this on their home page:
http://roughcountry.com/jeep-zj-winch-plate_1049.html
I really like the idea of this. The cost to fab a custom bumper or buy an ARB or the likes is way out of my budget but this allows d-ring mounts on the front and a winch mount. Wonder how hard this would be to make a similar setup for our zoos...any thoughts or opinions?
Wouldnt think it would be too hard if you trimmed the bumper and used a flat plate of steel that bolted to the frame, or welded to it. I know some have mounted their winches pretty low but I would think that would kill approach angles...

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Not a bad idea. I have never been a big fan of the weight of bullbar bumpers, even though I have one.

·
Registered
268 Posts
After watching the install video I would love to have something like that for the Rodeo. The cost of a fabbed winch bumper can cost as much as the winch itself. Something like this would be great!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Enemigo said:
Can you use it as a jack point for a high lift?
That one appears like a hilift would not work on it. Wouldnt be too hard to weld a straight bar between the frame rails though in my opinion and then an adapter for a hilift out from that.
I will take my bumper off this weekend and check out how feesible something like this would be.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Ian1006 said:
Wouldnt be too hard to weld a straight bar between the frame rails though in my opinion and then an adapter for a hilift out from that.
Thats pretty much what the VX guys do since we lack aftermarket bumpers. Weld in a winch plate between the frame rails so the winch is recessed in the bumper and cutout the bumper to fit. I think it would look great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts