Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to 1 ton the trooper and this needed it's own thread. Figured I wanted to run larger tires and wheel pretty hard and IFS ain't gonna cut it. This is just an intro post for whats coming.

Plan is to run a Dodge 60 open and 14 bolt Detroit set up with 5.38's and between a 38-40" tire. As for the suspension I am going to run the rears up front and F150 leafs in the rear. Picking up the front axle next week and get the rear hopefully sometime next weekend. About to order all the stuff to hang the axle from RuffStuff and then hit the JY for the leafs. Now ya'll have to help fund my SAS by buying my parts! viewtopic.php?f=2&t=60373

Stay tuned! And I'll update as much as I can. It's going to be slow for the beginning while I order and collect.

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
what does the keyboard do?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Saw the thread over on pirate as well, in for the build! Big project and looking forward to it!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Getting impatient about these axles, just go an itch to hang them! Hopefully I get in contact with the two sellers this week. I know they were out this weekend wheelin. I think I'm gonna pretty much copy Matt's RS he built a while back. Same axles and wheel/tire combo. Other than that...not much of an update!

btw med!c that keyboard happens to be the soul of web wheeling.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
What did you use to cut the stuff out?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Finally getting a start on things. I welded up the RS hangers, got rained out before I can weld them to the frame. Picked up some H1's w/ 37's. The Detroit I purchased was lost in the mail, so no locker...and I am not welding the rear. It's going to be on the road a good bit until I find a trailer.

Wheel base set a 110"

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well crap, didn't get much done this week with people bothering me. Today was a long day of nothing...leafs hung and fought cutting the perches off the 14bolt for hours, started with a bad strategy. Need to pick up some square stock for the front hanger...hopefully get those leafs hung next week, clean up the 14 and tack on the new perches.

Front axle made it home finally!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm getting rid of the project. My tacoma has been a plague of mishap all week and now it seems that it needs more work and time. I start school Monday and now I do not have a vehicle to drive. I need to raise some money to pay for one, and this is the only outlet I can sacrifice without crying (boo hoo). I will how ever keep the SAS parts, axles, and tires to eventually move to the tacoma, which I always dreamed of doing. The Zu was a money pit and mistake, but I have to sacrifice something as of now...sorry guys. Check out the for sale thread...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts